Any info on Jet Bred Blueticks

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...

Any info on Jet Bred Blueticks

Postby bullseyecowboy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 am

Is the Jet line go coon? Bobcat? Lion?.
bullseyecowboy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Any info on Jet Bred Blueticks

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:09 pm

I have my first female from Jet breeding so this is what I am told by hunters who hunt them. They make excellent competition coon dogs, quick starters and hard tree dogs. They are not known for trailing ability but the female that I have can REALLY work an old track. I am guessing that she got the nose from her mother's side which goes back to Clear River Diamond Jim and Twin Springs Bullets Blue Nikki (Smokey River). These dogs give a lot of mouth and mine is no exception. I am trying to quiten her down some as just too mouthy for me. She is a work in progress but I see her making a nice hound for coons and perhaps bear. She is a very small dog, weighs less than 40 lbs.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Tbblue » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Coon dogs
TNT KENNELS
JOHN RAY Bred Blues
Tbblue
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cobalt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Just as with all dogs of all strains and breeds, there are differences from dog to dog. I run some Northern Bl. Levi dogs which are Jet V breeding. They do well on bear and cat and coon. Long runners with good noses and good speed.
It is much more about the trainer than the dog.
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby poptart44 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I live about 20 miles from Ed and have hunted with him a couple of times and with quite a few of Jet bred dogs and have Jet blood in my dogs. They start early, tree hard, have good noses and are SMART dogs, which translate into a dog that catches on fast. The dogs I have are mostly crossed with Jet and two of them out of Jet 6 were two of the best bear dogs I have owned. They are gamey but not trashy. I have used them on coyote as well as coon and would not hesitate to own more.
poptart44

Return to Bluetick Coonhounds