australian hunting dogs

Talk about Hog hunting

australian hunting dogs

Postby outlaw13 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:54 pm

anyone ever heard of any of these or better yet used one. I just thought this was interesting. I have never heard of bullygreys but they look neat.

http://huntingpigdog.com/index.php?page=bullgreys
Last edited by outlaw13 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: australian hunting dogs

Postby catchrcall » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:36 pm

This dogs father came from australia. I pretty much use her as a lead in catch dog, but I can dump her on one if I see it. I wish I got that chance more often.

catchrcall

Postby Pops » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 am

no need to bring aussie dogs over we have plenty of pitXgrey (according to the aussies most modern BG lines are pit rather than english bullterrier)in TX that do the job. but most aussie dogs are in Hawaii rather than the mainland.
Pops
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby stevemac » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 am

Our dogs for the most part are running catchdogs as you like to call their style over there.
The english bull terrier was the main ingredent for adding nose and catching power in the early days the breed above had pit bull added at some time in the past the breeders of these dogs believe it added to the dogs.

We hunt with bully staghound and bully dane staghound types we have always found them well capable of doing their job. Best to stay away from pit bulls in this country.
stevemac
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby haynhogdogger » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:07 am

Yes we hunt these types of dogs and most everything else. As Pops stated we have dogs from Australia here in Hawaii and a lot of other places as well. But to be honest Boar Hunters here have been breeding and crossing so many breeds including these for many generations before bringing them in from oversea's.

Very capable dogs for sure one of our best boar stoppers through the years was bred this way.
haynhogdogger
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Return to Hog Hunting