Cat Dog For Sale

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.

Cat Dog For Sale

Postby Gary Roberson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 pm

I got a call from J. Martin Bassinger yesterday and he is going to sell the Andy dog. Andy is the dog we discussed and I thought was a pretty good strike dog. The dog just does not suit J. Martin primarily because he will not tree. I think that this dog could really help someone that trying to run bobcats. I am not sure what he will take for him but it will be substantially less than he paid for him.
If you are interested give J. Martin a call. If you do not know his number, email or pm me.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Cat Dog For Sale

Postby mohawk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:05 am

any idea why the dog wont tree? What is he, how old, how much.
mohawk
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Dads dogboy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Mohawk,

Andy is a hell of a strike and trail Hound who will jump a Bad Cat for most anyhunter.

He is coming 7 yrs old.

He is a Running Walker Hound bred, raised, and trained by Mr. Harold Parker in MS.

As we have discussed on here lots my Dad, Mr. Harold, and several other Cat Hunters either do not or physically can not use a Treedog. It takes a Running Hound with the "want to" and some exposure to treeing to get them to Tree.

Anyone needing a "Solid Broke" strike and trail hound would do well to consider Andy. He will do lots of people some good. He just does not fit what Mr. Basinger is looking for as to style and not Treeing.

CJC

PS. To us Striking and getting the Cat jumped is more important than Treeing! A role player who is primarily a Tree locator in even a small pack can handle that chore...but having that Hound to FIND, START, TRAIL, then JUMP the CAT is the truly HARD part of Bobcat Hunting!
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby RPL190 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Is Andy stilll for sale
RPL190

Return to Bobcat/Lynx Hunting