CONCEALED CARRY

General DiscussionForum

CONCEALED CARRY

Postby Brady Davis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 am

Curious as to how many on here REGULARLY carry a concealed pistol. Also, it would be interesting to begin a thread on CCW and the different types of guns, holsters, etc you use to carry.

Would be interesting to see how many actually carry and how/what.
Brady Davis
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: CONCEALED CARRY

Postby R.M. » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:42 am

What exactly constitutes a concealed pistol?

Personally I never have touched gun, Obama says that if I own a gun I am much more likely to be killed or injured by a gun. So I wouldn’t wanna take that chance.

That being said, I have a friend who “REGULARLY” carries a pistol under his coat or fleece while hunting. Should I be concerned for my friend? Could he get in trouble?
R.M.
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby liontracker » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:29 am

R.M. LOL! Only if you/him listen to the brainwash dribble that spews from their mouth for the last 40 yrs!
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Rem700 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 pm

I recently sold all my guns, however, I have a FRIEND who rarely leaves the house without his .357, two inch barrel, stoked with six starfire 38+P's and six extra in my, oops I mean his pocket.....I've been concealed carry for 10 years now, If I'm out of the house, I'm exercising my 2nd amendment rights, sometimes it's in an inside jacket pocket, sometimes a belly band, or in a standard type uncle mikes holster if i'm wearing a long coat. Concealed carry means no one needs to know it's there.
Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom
Rem700
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Hi Tech » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Anything that can not be seen from plain view.

I have a gun on me near me at all times. It is usually a sub-compact semi auto. If you have the right to carry you should. We are the front line of protection. Look at the Bell tower incident in Texas it was people carrying concealed weapons that held Whitman down until police could get there. If not would have been a lot more deaths. With threats up on terrorist attacks we should take advantage of this right!
Hyatt's Creekside Kennels
See ya at the tree
Hi Tech
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby R.M. » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Tech wrote:

Anything that can not be seen from plain view.

Thanks Hi Tech for answering that question. My other question has been misunderstood though. I'm wondering if my friend can get in trouble for having his pistol under his coat or shirt? He wears his gun with an Uncle Mikes holster on his hip, just like the old cowboys. But by Hi Tech's definition, this is a concealed weapon when the coat or over shirt is covering it.

SO, can he get in trouble for wearing his gun like that?

If so, I guess when he gets approached by the LAW while hunting he should tuck his coat or shirt tails inside his pistol handle so it's not concealed? Right?
R.M.
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby jaws » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm

If your friend has a permit he can wear it on his head if he wants too. The permit gives you the right to conceal it loaded in your vehicle as well. I carry a 40. cal baby glock 90% of the time with an ankle holster or on the waist. I'd rather have it than wish I had it!!
jaws
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Waterway » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:34 pm

My SD permit only cost $5 or $10 so I don't take a chance on a concealed weapons problem. The permit that I have is honored in several other states. I don't understand why it isn't okay in all states.

Mel
Waterway
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby STUNTMAN » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:18 am

My brother as a gift brought two Kimber 45s with concurrent serial numbers and gave me one as a gift. I brought it home and put it in the safe along with 100 rounds.
Week or so later I start the process of getting a permit to CC it. I fill out all the paper work and sign up for the class. The class is a one day 5-6 hr deal as I remember 1/2 way through the instructor tells us if you have an un-regestered handgun at home with the ammo its a year in prision for every bullet. :shock: Needles to say I took the peice back to my brother with the ammo and put it in his safe. I have to go infront of a judge to get interviewed to complete the process. I never did.

But if I had to carry a CC handgun every day probably a small Glock in a 40 or 45. My buddy shot two guys with a 40 and it made them dead quick :D So it works.
BIG GAME CURS
STUNTMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Brady Davis » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:00 pm

STUNTMAN wrote:My brother as a gift brought two Kimber 45s with concurrent serial numbers and gave me one as a gift. I brought it home and put it in the safe along with 100 rounds.
Week or so later I start the process of getting a permit to CC it. I fill out all the paper work and sign up for the class. The class is a one day 5-6 hr deal as I remember 1/2 way through the instructor tells us if you have an un-regestered handgun at home with the ammo its a year in prision for every bullet. :shock: Needles to say I took the peice back to my brother with the ammo and put it in his safe. I have to go infront of a judge to get interviewed to complete the process. I never did.

But if I had to carry a CC handgun every day probably a small Glock in a 40 or 45. My buddy shot two guys with a 40 and it made them dead quick :D So it works.

WOW, what state do you live in?
Brady Davis
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Return to General Forum