Duck Dynasty

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs

Duck Dynasty

Postby ringo8585 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 am

Is there any reason why Duck Dynasty is able to advertise on this forum when they would not help out with our fight? Does this make sense to anyone? I strongly suggest that everyone quit watching their show. They don't want to support us, and we should not support them.
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein
ringo8585
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby super white hunter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm

I think we need a explanation, what did they do.
"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty". Thomas Jefferson
super white hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby ringo8585 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Oh shoot when we were in our battle here in california with SB1221, A couple people called the duck guys for a donation or a referernce or an attorney any help with this battle and they said we are in the duck business not Hounds!!!!!!! thanks for letting me know i left out my main point lol.....
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein
ringo8585
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 pm

The ads are computer generated. the fact that a lot of people started asking if duck dynasty would help our fight in cali and everything made the random add pop up. If you really have a problem just let buddy know what add and why and he can have it blocked. I think you need to click on the add and then copy the URL and send it to him though.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby kickemall » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 am

Its to bad that guys that like to portray themselves as good ole boys were unwilling to share a small part of their success to help with something that they will someday be fighting themselves. It appears they are like so many others, selfish and in it for the money. I won't be watching.
kickemall
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rig2Tree » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 am

Its all boils down to being united. It doesn't matter what game you pursue and how you go about it. Everyone should be on notice, they're coming for you eventually. We as sportsman have to come together or sooner or later we will all be watching government hunters take our place. Pick your sides boys, it has to start now or hunting as we know it will just be stories about how it used to be.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Rig2Tree
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby ringo8585 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:48 am

Agreed
-Albert Einstein
ringo8585
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby super white hunter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 am

Well shoot- I love that show- now I might have to shave my beard
"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty". Thomas Jefferson
super white hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rimrock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:48 am

If it is true that the duck hunters would not back houndsmen and oppose SB1221, shame on them. If the USHS has it's way duck hunters will be on their agenda too. When that time comes every hunter of any game had better back them. Playing the get even game and being divisive is exactly what what the USHS wants. The quicker that is accomplished the quicker we all fail.
Rimrock
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby ringo8585 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:25 pm

I agree with fighting for every game I don't support rich greedy selfish individuals are not even willing to listen to see if the can help! But I'm all for unity with hunters we all need to stand together!!!!!
-Albert Einstein
ringo8585
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Nolte » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Guys, I think you are getting out of joint for no reason. While I agree that all hunters should be united we shouldn't expect everyone to jump when us hound hunters need something. The fence swings both ways. I'm sure these guys are involved in other programs/charities that none of us have ever lifted a finger to help. I imagine they are bombarded with requests for their time/money/endorsement so I wouldn't take it as an insult if they didn't jump at the chance to help us out. If you're not happy they didn't help, feel free to boycott their shows or products if you choose but banning them from advertising (which helps this site keep running) isn't going to solve anything. I'm sure that verizon, or amsoil, history channel, etc wouldn't have helped either. You guys in Cali got the mega-shaft but channel that anger against the ones that stopped it. Just make sure to do it in a controlled, informed, and positive way.
Nolte
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby ringo8585 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Nolte wrote:Guys, I think you are getting out of joint for no reason. While I agree that all hunters should be united we shouldn't expect everyone to jump when us hound hunters need something. The fence swings both ways. I'm sure these guys are involved in other programs/charities that none of us have ever lifted a finger to help. I imagine they are bombarded with requests for their time/money/endorsement so I wouldn't take it as an insult if they didn't jump at the chance to help us out. If you're not happy they didn't help, feel free to boycott their shows or products if you choose but banning them from advertising (which helps this site keep running) isn't going to solve anything. I'm sure that verizon, or amsoil, history channel, etc wouldn't have helped either. You guys in Cali got the mega-shaft but channel that anger against the ones that stopped it. Just make sure to do it in a controlled, informed, and positive way.

Nolte nobody asked them to jump but when they were asked to help they said they do deer and ducks not dogs!!! Also Verizon and the others u quoted don't make millions and portray themselves as fellow hunters. No one wants a hand out just a helping hand!
-Albert Einstein
ringo8585
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Liz ODell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm

The ONLY waterfowl association that I know of that would even so much as write a letter of opposition for SB1221 was the California Waterfowl Association...
Ducks Unlimited, despite their millions of dollars and the predator management done with hounds on the millions of acres of duck clubs here in California did not do one damn thing, they would not even write a letter.
I for one will not be attending any DU events this year or possibly ever again and there is pretty good talk of cancelling the dinners that they usually have up here in my neck of the woods and I even know a couple of business that would not allow them to hang their fliers up this fall.
True the HSUS and other animal rights people are truly to blame, but when you have groups and organizations that have as much money and political clout (because of who is in them and who owns the clubs) as most of the waterfowl associations and you can't help out some other hunters with something as simple as a letter? All I can say is ...wow...just wow.
I really wasn't too impressed by Duck Dynasty anyway but that's just me, I hate watching people act stupid.
http://na-dem-koyo.webs.com/
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dogginca » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Its all boils down to being united. It doesn't matter what game you pursue and how you go about it. Everyone should be on notice, they're coming for you eventually. We as sportsman have to come together or sooner or later we will all be watching government hunters take our place. Pick your sides boys, it has to start now or hunting as we know it will just be stories about how it used to be.

just some info: There were 2 bills they chose the hounds the other bill was to ban archery so if all hunters dont unite i am affraid will lose it all. just some food for thought
dogginca

Postby J.T. » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 pm

its all fun and games until some patriots take over with fighting instead of words
J.T.
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Next

Return to Big Game Hunting With Dogs