Full Cry magazine

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs

Full Cry magazine

Postby Mel White » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:54 am

not knocking on other breeds or game hunted, but remember when full cry magazine used to be a coonhound and big game hound hunting magazine and not a squirrel hunting magazine? i have subscribed for years but this will be the last. do other people feel this way or is it just me?
Mel White
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby black eye » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:01 am

For sure i stopped my subscription for the same reason. I even talked with some body in the office to no avail. Apparently the big game minded houndsmen does'nt count to them!!!!! Shameful aint it.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent
$-sportsmen
F-for
W-wealthy
http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org
black eye
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

full cry

Postby elkheadb&t » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:16 am

I just ordered it a few months back, havn't seen one for a few years when I got it I thought maybe I just wasn't remembering what it used to be. I guess I am not the only one.
elkheadb&t
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby pete richardson » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:12 am

i havent got it in a few years- but yeah, i thought the same thing-

i can remember when i read every article in every single magazine -

would check mail hard 3-4 days before it ever came in mail - lol :)

--who has time to read magazines since the internet - lol i go to about every hound board i can find-

this is lot more fun-= like full cry but dont have to wait - can ask questions ,etc
when the tailgate drops
pete richardson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:09 am

The Magazine has allways been "YOUR" magazine .. If you don't take the time to write, other fokes will..
Send in a little 1/2 page of your next hunt and a pic or two.. They will print it .. Mike L. had a great story many years ago Called the "Back Track" .. IT was great.. I gess Mike's saving his Story's for his "Book" Now.. Give them up Mike..
Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!
Salt Lick Kennels
http://home.earthlink.net/~landjmorrow/saltlickkennels/
Bawling Tree Kennels
http://www.bawlingtreekennel.com
Sunrise Outfitting
http://www.sunriseoutfitting.com/
Canine Training Academy - Co.
http://www.caninetrainingacademy.com/
The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa
http://www.maratriangle.org/
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Blackwater Plotts » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:50 am

I agree with Steve, the only thing keeping Full Cry from being big game oriented is the big game hunters themselves. Terry Walker told me a couple of years ago that he'd love to have it stricktly big game/ hound hunting if he could get the material to put in it.
Alan Smith
Blackwater Plotts
Blackwater Plotts
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Ike » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Last edited by Ike on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ike

Postby Borderpond » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Pete, I sure remember those days waiting for the Full cry to arrive !!! First ,I would go right to the classifieds to see what wonder dog was for sale ,then, I would check out the local club news, then the stud ads, then when I was ready for some real reading, the articles.

Yup, this internet is something else. 15 years ago I didnt know what email was.Now, if I'm offline for an hour I am calling the cable company !!
Borderpond
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:47 pm

I understand what everybody is saying, the old Full Cry isn'th the old Full Cry. Well I guess times have changed a bit but all them old boys and gals running them fiests, and cur dogs is having a big ole time, and coon hunting aceage isn't what it use to be. Us big game hounders have always been sort of hermits and setting out behind the house planning our next best event. But heck were all just folks that like dogs, heck I even got some bird dogs I like a bit but they gotta let Ole Jiggs my ole High tan get his pet for they come around me to get theres or he might just throttle them for the days entertainment.

Got a good big game tale put it to the FC they will enter it. I would write more but I haven't caught anything in about an hour and half. That was the heck I caught from my wife for leaving that big old bull snake alone in my dog shed.She is God awful scared of snakes( I think it is a Biblical thing ) but she wanted me to kill him. Well I think a good bull snake or two is better then having a damn barn cat around that really has no taste for mice. ( Puss in boots is better). Well she got all fired up, me an the old snake just kinda eyed each other and he went his way and I went mine.
Well you need a bull snake or two to keep the mice down. Them little Nance bred cats dogs have done killed every cat and kitten that comes even close to this place . And the ones they can't get that labrador that knows how to open the gate gets so there you go.
Well How did I get here? See just write us a story.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Ike » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:08 am

:wink:
Last edited by Ike on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ike

Postby Mel White » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 am

Border pond that what i was talking about. i would get home from work and see the new one on the counter and i couldnt wait to do the same thing you mentioned. classified section then look for cat stories then when they were done i would read the bear stories. now on average theres about 2 of each in the whole magazine. and like they said in the above posts me and everyone else that doesnt send in a story are to blame. i guess the cur and feist guys have more time or us hound guys are just lazier lol.
Mel White
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Full Cry magazine

Postby huntingwidow » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Last edited by huntingwidow on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
huntingwidow

Postby Big Horn Posse » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I used to enjoy it and write articles for Full Cry, but you would have to weed through all the squirrel dog stuff to read the few big game hound articles. I quit the magazine in 2006 and found other medias to share information on. The websites like this on and Way Cools were much more interactive and no cost for the subscription. Of course you have to weed out the drama and BS from time to time on here, but there is still a lot of great information on these websites. I do miss the phone calls I would receive from the old timer hound guys that would call and talk to me for hours after reading my articles in Full Cry. Alot of those guys are not on the internet. Guess it is just how it is now. I still will pull out old Full Cry magazine and read the articles. :)
I like my men like I like my mountains...... Rugged, challenging, and WILD!!!

Big Horn Posse Big Game Hounds
http://wyomingcoonhound.tripod.com/

Big Horn Posse
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby treeumall » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:52 pm

i agree with you 100% i quite minew about 5yrs ago and advertised in it for a long time, but got tired of the stuff that didn't pertain to my hunting style.
treeumall

Postby Brianshounds » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

I have had full Cry from the early 80s. i have been on the cover many times and about a year ago i just quite buying them.... I call it CUR CRY now. cant stand paying money for a big game and coon hound magazine and getting nothing but CUR CRY!!!!!
Brian Denney
208-852-6495
Brianshounds
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Next

Return to Big Game Hunting With Dogs