Hoffmeister Line

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...

Hoffmeister Line

Postby NorCalHunter » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:05 am

Does anybody know much about the Hoffmeister line of redbones. Just curious as I have heard this is what was the foundation of the t-top line of redbones.
NorCalHunter

Postby bowhunter7 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:58 am

Yeah, I've heard of it and I think you'll find Rusty Red and Red Bomber in many pedigrees today. If I'm not mistaken the Coffman line of redbones has hoffmeister as foundation stock. I don't have any first hand experience with any of those dogs, but wouldn't mind having one to try out.

Jim
bowhunter7
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Ike » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:43 pm

:roll:
Last edited by Ike on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ike

Postby Kevin Jackson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:29 pm

NorCal, the foundation of the T-top line is Go Man Sam. Go Man Sam is also the foundation sire of the Hoffmiester line. T-top Rat was a grandson of Sam top and bottom and Hoffmiester's Rusty Red was a son of Sam. T-top Raven was out of Bomber and Bell and both were out of Rusty Red. Rat and Raven were mated numerous times and produced some outstanding dogs. The Hoffmiester dogs are a big part of Tom's bloodline but are not the foundation of the T-top bloodline. My Billy dog is out of a Rat x Raven male and a female out of his half brother and my old female. I have hunted with 5 from the Rat x Raven cross and they are all nice dogs. I have hunted with pups out of 4 of those dogs and they are all nice dogs. If you make it to the R.Q.E. hunt in Oregon you can see the dogs we are packing. They all have a lot of T-top blood. We will have six dogs for sure and maybe a few more.
Montana Red Kennels - redbones that catch game and hold it until you get there.

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy
Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy
Ch.'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci

(406) 231-3895
Kevin Jackson
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Hoffmeister Line

Postby Derek m » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I have a female that goes back to Rusty Red, (grandfather) I don’t want to brag but she is a awesome hound, hard tree dog supper fast and independent, she is throwing the same in her pups, I turned down many $$$$$ for her, one of her pups just sold on the ukc site for $1200 at 16 months. Rusty is the #1 top reproducer of all time in the redbone breed. Good line if you ask me.
Derek m

Re: Hoffmeister Line

Postby grizzerbear » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 pm

I have a 2 year old PR bred Redbone male that goes back to Hoffmeisters Rusty Red and comes from GR nite CH PR Hastings Hollar Oak Steve-O out of Joplin MO. Best damn dog Ive ever owned. Loud, Gritty, Smart ,and good around other dogs and people. And super handsome!!!
grizzerbear

Return to Redbone Coonhounds