Houndsmen Of Utah

Talk about Bear Hunting

Houndsmen Of Utah

Postby Neff » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 pm

I have a question to the houndsmen of Utah, why are we divided? I have seen two different proposals, one from the Houdsmen asssociation and one from a bunch of hound guys from around the state. What is the problem? I know there are a bunch of you on here that can awnser this question.
Dead Cats Don't Make Tracks.
Neff
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Houndsmen Of Utah

Postby walker83 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 pm

different size wieners and a desire to show who's is bigger.
walker83
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Neff » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:00 pm

While everyone is trying to show the size of there small ones. It is clear to see why knowone takes the houndsmen of this state serious.

One other thing has become apparent while thinking they are large it is obvious that the cohones are missing all together.
Dead Cats Don't Make Tracks.
Neff
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby silentnight » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 am

I'm new to the sport have seen qutie a few guys at the gas station or what have you and just try to talk to them and all i have ever got was i cant tell you anything cause im the best and everyone wants my honey holes or my secrets ! :joker
silentnight
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby mulemanbl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Silent night, I've encountered the same problem. I've been running hounds for 9 years, learned from some good old timers that won't run anymore because of all the BS. I'm a member of the association, and never hear a thing. I love to hunt by myself and avoid the crowed BS, yet love to hear what others think and know. When the season starts, its a cluster and everyone is against everyone else. I get sick of hearing how good everyone else's dogs are. Are we part of a culture that is full of a bunch of mental incompetent folks? Psychology tells us that the guy who usually brags the most, has the least to brag about. I'd love to discuss whats going on with the bears, lions, ect without hearing how great everyone else is. Put your ego aside and lets LISTEN then talk.
mulemanbl
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Oldmanindeepsnow » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

What are we divided on
Oldmanindeepsnow
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby silentnight » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 pm

mulemanbl wrote:Silent night, I've encountered the same problem. I've been running hounds for 9 years, learned from some good old timers that won't run anymore because of all the BS. I'm a member of the association, and never hear a thing. I love to hunt by myself and avoid the crowed BS, yet love to hear what others think and know. When the season starts, its a cluster and everyone is against everyone else. I get sick of hearing how good everyone else's dogs are. Are we part of a culture that is full of a bunch of mental incompetent folks? Psychology tells us that the guy who usually brags the most, has the least to brag about. I'd love to discuss whats going on with the bears, lions, ect without hearing how great everyone else is. Put your ego aside and lets LISTEN then talk.

You said it there buddy ! you been in tooele long i just moved from stockton.
silentnight
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby mulemanbl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Been here my whole life, 36 years. Where did ya move to ?
mulemanbl
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby silentnight » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 am

Morgan closer to work evanston the misses was not happy not being home much and we all know if moma's not happy no is !
Pretty much my whole life in tooele ,stockton also 29 yrs.
silentnight
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby anarchy kennels » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:15 am

I think its that way all over, here in wyoming we have guys buying high dollar dogs and are now guiding for lions and have went and locked all of us non-guides out of lots of country to hunt. This is a dieing sport and now people wont show others how to get started or let others hunt the same country because they decide to make a buck. I hate this crap if you want to guide have at it but dont block me from getting permission to hunt and tell me that my dogs and me are shitters and things like that. I think this is the reason that we are loseing hunting. Everyone is after the dollar and doesnt care what happens to the sport as long as they are making a buck. But good luck to fellas.
anarchy kennels
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby silentnight » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:44 am

anarchy kennels wrote:I think its that way all over, here in wyoming we have guys buying high dollar dogs and are now guiding for lions and have went and locked all of us non-guides out of lots of country to hunt. This is a dieing sport and now people wont show others how to get started or let others hunt the same country because they decide to make a buck. I hate this crap if you want to guide have at it but dont block me from getting permission to hunt and tell me that my dogs and me are shitters and things like that. I think this is the reason that we are loseing hunting. Everyone is after the dollar and doesnt care what happens to the sport as long as they are making a buck. But good luck to fellas.

You are 100% correct sir it is a joke i want to learn and teach my kids also !
silentnight
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby southpaw40 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:08 pm

anarchy kennels wrote:I think its that way all over, here in wyoming we have guys buying high dollar dogs and are now guiding for lions and have went and locked all of us non-guides out of lots of country to hunt. This is a dieing sport and now people wont show others how to get started or let others hunt the same country because they decide to make a buck. I hate this crap if you want to guide have at it but dont block me from getting permission to hunt and tell me that my dogs and me are shitters and things like that. I think this is the reason that we are loseing hunting. Everyone is after the dollar and doesnt care what happens to the sport as long as they are making a buck. But good luck to fellas.

hell if they are blocking the road with the truck chain their truck up and drag it out of the way with yours they will learn
southpaw40
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby UtahMule » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am

How many houndsman from utah will show up to a meeting with the dwr to talk about the future of hound hunting in the state of utah, if I set up the meeting. I feel its time to have a 1 on 1 meeting with the houndsman and the next generation of houndsman bring the kids and let them tell some of their experiences and why they want a chance to have the same oppertunity in the future.
UtahMule

Postby silentnight » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:40 pm

UtahMule wrote:How many houndsman from utah will show up to a meeting with the dwr to talk about the future of hound hunting in the state of utah, if I set up the meeting. I feel its time to have a 1 on 1 meeting with the houndsman and the next generation of houndsman bring the kids and let them tell some of their experiences and why they want a chance to have the same oppertunity in the future.

I would for sure my kids love it also better than playing the dam playstation and what not !
silentnight
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby kk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:51 am

Count me in.
kk
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Next

Return to Bear Hunting