MOUNTAIN CURS

Talk about Bear Hunting

MOUNTAIN CURS

Postby hamilton10 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm

ANYBODY USING MOUNTAIN CURS TO HUNT BEAR?
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: MOUNTAIN CURS

Postby WestTexasCurs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Go to the Cur dog section.There is a thread titled Kemmers/Bear,or something like that.Some of those dogs in those pictures have your old Gus dog in them.If you can get ahold of a few of those fellers.I am sure they could tell ya all you're wanting to know.BDOG,Big John,some of those guys,I know have Kemmer dogs they run alot on bear.Also RockCreek can give you info on some guys out west using Kemmers on bear.
WestTexasCurs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Sethchase » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 am

As amatter of fact I will be blending a couple of mountain curs in with my pack of walkers this bear season. one of my hunting buddies caught some bear last season
with some black mouth curs,in really rough country where the bears are not easy to tree. you really have to have strong tree dogs in my country or the bear will not stay treed. my friend started his first bear with his curs at 10am. off of a rig, got to the tree
30 minutes before dark. the curs and hunter stayed treed until daylight,he harvested
the bear for his curs . he also was from texas and had caught lots of hogs with them
i was hunting the same day on the same mountain,so i saw it first hand.[quote][/quote]

S.C.
Sethchase
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I was just testing the water to see if I could get anybody to cussing curs. I have been hunting them on coons and hogs since 1988. I still have the Gus McCray line of dogs. Three years ago I started hunting bear with them and they are doing good. I am hunting with a guy that has made a living hunting with hounds for 25 years and he his switching over to mt. curs. He said he wished he knew about them 25 years ago. Seth Chase he also told me that if you had 3 or 4 of these dogs you would be dangerous. Seth do you know who this is?
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:27 pm

W. Tex Curs I know that I should know who you are, but, Im not sure. Seems like we talked on the phone once.
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Sethchase » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 am

Yes i know who this is i went hog hunting with you and chad schroder back in 94
i believe you packed a big bulldog named benford that nite. North of saint jo texas
and we treed a coon, with some little yellow mountain curs. And i believe we wre riding mules. I look forward to hunting with you and M.D.

happy trails and good huntin!
Sethchase
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 am

Yeah, Thats me. We stopped by your ranch and dropped off a filly on the way back from bear hunting but you were not home. M.D. is a hoot to hunt with. Lookin forward to seeing you again.
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Ojos Rojos 2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Boys here's a thread that's got some rough company associated with it!!! Ha-HA :D
What's up S.C. you old BIGGAME Hunter?
Hamilton, your gonna have to come down this way; we've got the hogs runnin' scared.
'Saw a picture just a bit ago, M.D. got to go to a tree today...
I think I'll just have another :beer
Ojos Rojos 2

Postby WestTexasCurs » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:54 pm

hamilton10 wrote:W. Tex Curs I know that I should know who you are, but, Im not sure. Seems like we talked on the phone once.

Yep,never met ya.But had a ole black dog out of GusxMurphy.Now just about everything in my yard has that cross a least a time or two.We talked some on the phone.We have some of the same amigos.How did those pups from J B work out for ya?Next time ya talk to D H out in Roswell,tell him I'm still runnin trash.
WestTexasCurs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DerekE » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:30 am

He'll WTC, ole DH likes that trash. I've been by his place several times lately.
DerekE
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Well W.T.C. the male pup I got from J.B. turned out real to be a goodun but his littermate sister didn't make the cut. Didn't you get 1 or 2 of them? If so what did you think of them?
O.R.2, M.D. sent me that same pic I think. Cat taken with a bow. The old boy shot him with his last arrow and had to climb a pine and kill him with a knife. Now that takes gonads!
Yeah ole D.H. out at Roswell is still a little trashy too. I was out there the other day and he had to do his chinups and pushups before we could go hunting. Hes in damn good shape for a 69 year old. Ive known him for about 22 years now and hes about as tough as ever and still deaf as a rock.
DerekE are you the fireman that brought me the pups in Fort Worth?
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby WestTexasCurs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 pm

I got one,but sent it to a friend.She turned out good,but got snake bit and died.DH is a tough ole deaf trashy rascal.
WestTexasCurs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DerekE » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 am

Hamilton10,
Yep, that's me. I was wondering if that was you. Been getting to run much? It's real wet here.
Derek
DerekE
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hamilton10 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am

Derrik I was hunting hard until 2 weeks ago I got the flu and had to lay down. Caught 35 hogs so far this year though. You got some bobcat dogs?
hamilton10
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby DerekE » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Yep, I have bobcat dogs. Running dogs mostly. Many cats up your way?
Derek
DerekE
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Next

Return to Bear Hunting