Neighbor Poisoning our dogs

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs

Neighbor Poisoning our dogs

Postby ONE_TON » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:56 am

So about 3 weeks ago one of our dogs came up sick. He was vomiting not being able to keep anything down and lost about 15 lbs.! Then 2 1/2 weeks ago I caught our female trying to dig under the fence to get a piece of bakers chocolate that was on my neighbors side of the fence. So I kept the chocolate. Well on monday the dog that was sick before and the female were really bad. Hunched up, shivering, vomiting and highly dehydrated and extremely week. I looked around and found foot prints in the snow on my neighbors side leading up to the fence. This guy dose not like my dogs, so there is no reason for him be coming up to the fence where the dogs are. I took pictures of of the foot prints knowing that they would melt away. I packed the dogs to the vet where they ran blood work and pumped them full of fluids. It came back that they had really bad infections caused by them getting into something, or them being given something. The Vet's said that the bakers chocolate could cause all the symptoms and the infections. The male was so bad they kept him over night.
When I got home I called the sheriffs office. They went over to question my neighbor and he actually didn't come to the door, and the deputy caught him peaking out the window! Then he yelled at my neighbor to get up and open the door. The neighbor denied it, and told the deputy that the dogs are his "buddies". He hates my dogs! He has complained to my boy Brian, and I apologized to him, and he told me that they didn't bother him as much as they bothered me, the barking that is. They don't bark that much, but the female dose bark at him. Then the animal control officer came out and talked to me. So for him to say our dogs are his buddies is a crock a crap! They might be now since he has been giving them bakers chocolate. So the sheriffs going to the DA and see if they have enough evidence to prosecute. He has been staying very low the last few days. I never thought this guy would ever do something like this.
Dogs are doing better now.
Last edited by ONE_TON on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONE_TON
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Neighbor Poisoning our dogs

Postby mn. deep dark blues » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:51 am

Keep after him with the law and stick it to that dirty son of what ever he came from. All i have to say is hes damn lucky he dont live by me because thats grounds for an old fashion ass kicking. I hope your hounds pull through good with no side efects.
mn. deep dark blues
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby halfbreed » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 pm

just be very careful one-ton, i became a felon down here in the great state of texas because someone just threatend to poison my dogs ...
hattak at ofi pisa
halfbreed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby dirtywalkers » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm

:lol: let me tell you a better trick... if he ownes his house when he leaves for a night dump fast setting concrete down his vent pipes on his roof theres only 1 way to fix it repipe his house its not cheap trust me im a plumbing contractor.... at least thats what i would do :beer
dirtywalkers
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Copper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Nothings worse than a nieghbor with annoying dogs keeping you up all night or barking at you every time you walk outside. I'd do the same if they were bothering me. Sounds like he complained to your boy so take the hints and fix the problem.
Most people don't have a problem and go out of there way to poison well behaved dogs.
Copper
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Marcel B&t » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Copper wrote:Nothings worse than a nieghbor with annoying dogs keeping you up all night or barking at you every time you walk outside. I'd do the same if they were bothering me. Sounds like he complained to your boy so take the hints and fix the problem.
Most people don't have a problem and go out of there way to poison well behaved dogs.

wow, would love to be your neighbor... sounds like you have problems buddy. pretty low to want to poison someones dogs. my neighbors rat dogs bark all day everyday and i wouldn't hurt them. just wrong
Connie butter B&T's and a little yadkin river walker.
Marcel B&t
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Copper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Marcel B&t wrote:wow, would love to be your neighbor... sounds like you have problems buddy. pretty low to want to poison someones dogs. my neighbors rat dogs bark all day everyday and i wouldn't hurt them. just wrong

Well sorry I value the life of humans more than dogs. Maybe your the one with the problems thinking that a dogs life is more important than the well being of your neighbor.
A couple of hound dogs barking all the time gets old real fast.
Copper
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Marcel B&t » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:25 pm

how dose it have anything to do with human life or wellbeing? if the dog try'd to attack you and you shot it, that would be protecting life and wellbeing. barking in there own fenced yard? come on, really?
Connie butter B&T's and a little yadkin river walker.
Marcel B&t
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 pm

there is a lot of ways to deal with the problems that you have with someone other than harming their animals. On one side if someone did that (poisoned) my dogs i would be whooping some ass. On the other hand i know well enough to keep my dogs quiet and try to be a good neighbor. All of my dogs wear bark collars. If i had a neighbor that continiously had a dog barking i would go through the propper chanels and talk to the neighbor personally first then call animal controll and the sheriff to try and fix the problem. I think It takes a real COWARD to harm another person's animals.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Copper wrote:
Marcel B&t wrote:wow, would love to be your neighbor... sounds like you have problems buddy. pretty low to want to poison someones dogs. my neighbors rat dogs bark all day everyday and i wouldn't hurt them. just wrong

Well sorry I value the life of humans more than dogs. Maybe your the one with the problems thinking that a dogs life is more important than the well being of your neighbor.
A couple of hound dogs barking all the time gets old real fast.

This is just my opinion grant you but i feel personally that my DOGS life is more important than a lot of the HUMANS that i meet.
EXAMPLE: If my COWARD of a neighbor who was trying to poison my dogs had there house catch on fire i would damn sure get my family out of my house to a safe place first, then make sure my Dogs would not be harmed by his house burning down, Warn other neighbors in danger that the COWARDS house was on fire, and lastly see if there is anything i could do for the LOW DOWN COWARD WHO WAS POISONING MY DOGS. Remember JMO :D

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby muzzy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:12 am

my dogs bark quite a bit but only when there is something to bark at or they r just happy to see me where i live there is nothing the law can do about barking dogs cause there is no ordnance out of city limits but when i lived in town i got animal control called on me fortunately the person that called it in had a dog that went crazy barking and my dogs didnt so they didnt say much to me but anyway i would have to agree that my dogs r more important than some people such as the people that r for the wolf reintroduction and a neighbor that tries to poison someone elses dogs that is wrong in all aspects no matter what the circumstances and anyone that tries to justify that has a moral compass that doesnt point north jmo
muzzy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby ONE_TON » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:05 am

Just for the record our dogs are not problem dogs. Theres no official complaints, just an a check up from the animal control officer, and he has hounds, and said our dogs are very good dogs. I keep bark collars on them, and have talked to all my neighbors about my dogs, including this neighbor and all said that my dogs dont bother any one. This neighbor even told me that he thought they bothered me more than him, and he appriciated a neighbor who thought of his fellow neighbors. My dogs bark 100X less than other dogs around do.
This neighbor caused a lot of problems for the previous owner and his horses, the dogs are not the root to this persons problems, but his release.
Now Cooper, how much money do you have into your hounds? Or do you just like chucking money down the drain? Maybe you want to cover my vet bills, seems you wouldnt cear if it happened to you. And do you have kids? Would you want some one chewing your boy out, no! You would expect him to be a man and come to you with a problem. No one is poisoning my neighbor. Sounds like birds of a feather here! I feel sorry for you sir. You dont mess with a persons property. And I do value a persons life over a dogs, no matter the worth of that person. It dosnt sound like you cear all that much about your hounds, or your neighbors.
ONE_TON
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Copper » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:08 pm

ONE_TON wrote:This guy dose not like my dogs, so there is no reason for him be coming up to the fence

You knew this guy didn't like your dogs. Although he maybe a coward we havn't heard his side of the story. All I'm saying is it just isn't right to put a bunch of hounds in your back yard in town. People shouldn't have to deal with a dog that was bred to bark and bark loud. So if you do keep them next to people they had better not make a sound or bark at your nieghbor every time he comes out as you stated in your first post before you edited it.

ONE_TON wrote:Now Cooper, how much money do you have into your hounds? Or do you just like chucking money down the drain? Maybe you want to cover my vet bills, seems you wouldnt cear

I would care if someone poisoned my dogs thats why I don't keep them out back behind my house. Where they would drive me and the nieghbors nuts.

ONE_TON wrote:And do you have kids? Would you want some one chewing your boy out, no! You would expect him to be a man and come to you with a problem. No one is poisoning my neighbor.

You might not be poisoning him but I would bet your dogs have drove him completely nuts. Although he maybe a coward and if he would have confronted you. You could have taken care of the problem. But from what I have read I came to the conclusion that you knew he didn't like your dogs even if he did cower to you when you confronted him about it.
ONE_Ton wrote: Sounds like birds of a feather here! I feel sorry for you sir. You dont mess with a persons property. And I do value a persons life over a dogs, no matter the worth of that person. It dosnt sound like you cear all that much about your hounds, or your neighbors.

Dont feel sorry for me feel sorry for the guy next door that you have drove nuts. You dont mess with a persons property. I would agree to that and I would like to add you dont mess with a persons sleep, or there comfort of walking in the back yard and not having a dog barking at them.
I hope your dogs fully recover and that you can find a better place to put them.
Copper
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtywalkers » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:44 pm

dogs are suposte to bark just like humans are suposte to talk copper you sound dumb as a rock i would make my neighbors life hell in cali theres noise hours 7-10 i would have a radio on a time with the same death metal song blassting every day if he tryed to poisen my dogs and yes i live in the city and all my neighbors dont care when they hear my dogs plus they wear no bark collars
dirtywalkers
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:09 pm

having dogs in cali vary by county.
Lassen: you can have up to 10 dogs and not need a kennel license and they can bark all day just not between the hours of 10pm until 6 or 8am I forget.
Plumas: you can have 3 dogs any more and you need a kennel license.

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Next

Return to Big Game Hunting With Dogs