North Dakota coon hunt gone wrong?

Talk about Coon Hunting

North Dakota coon hunt gone wrong?

Postby gundagws » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Friday night I went for a quick turn out and thats were it all went down hill! I started out along the Missouri river, my old blue tick hit a track right away, so I stared to follow him on the Garmin and saw I could cut him off around another road as I got there I could tell soothing was not right? Here in the middle of the woods is a under age party, it turned out to be a uncomfortable deal, so I loaded up and went somewhere els, right when I dumped out at the next location the old fool lite up, and away we went. As I neared I know there was a fight going on. With my trusty mag light in hand I take a huge fall and the light goes out! Now I'm a mile from the truck and a huge fight going on, surly a female protecting her pups, so I proceed on in the dark to save the coon from the dogs. When I got there they were chasing each other in and out of the water and it was a hell of a mess! However I got the dogs of the coon so we can run her another day and got some great pics! So I thought I would share them!
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS STAY ON POINT AND KEEP THEM TREED!
Attachments
100_2116.JPG
gundagws

Re: North Dakota coon hunt gone wrong?

Postby montananative » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:30 pm

great pic and even better story...glad to hear ur concern with the female coon, im the same way right now...keep up the good work, happy huntin
montananative
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Return to Coon Hunting