pole on the best bear hunter in your state

Talk about Bear Hunting

pole on the best bear hunter in your state

Postby loaded4bear » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 pm

I was reading on the lion hunters page and they had a pole on the best lion hunters. So since things are snowy and slow who gets your vote for beat bear hunter in your area. I'm from WV and I say Larry Alderman, Greg Moats and Jody Pearson.
loaded4bear
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: pole on the best bear hunter in your state

Postby Borderpond » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 pm

I've got a couple from the New England states. Pete Richardson from Vermont is the best houndsman I have ever met.I dont know many other bear hunters from Vermont but he has to be one of the top if not the best .

From New Hampshire, I would say Mike Lord. I have never even heard of another bear hunter who trees so many bears anywhere. A few years ago I hunted with him during the 7 week NH training season. We treed 77 bears while I was with him during that time, and I didnt hunt weekends with him !! I believe he ended up with around 150 treed bears that year, 2004 I think. He does hunt with a group of guys but I have never seen anyone hunt so hard and tree so many.
Borderpond
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby LoudmouthSpike » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Hey Guys. Im from southern VT and I don't know too many hunters but in my area and most of VT people say Danny Luke is one of the best. We hunt with him quite a bit and rarely go without a tree. He treed between 80 and 90 last year I believe and has on dog who only failed on one bear out of 40 or 50 of them.
A Bad day of running hounds beats a good day of Work!
LoudmouthSpike
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby J HUNT » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 pm

I am from WV, I don't want to him to get a swelled head, well no more than it already is :D , but Mullooly has a lot of bear hunting knowledge and knows the lay of the land better than my GPS tracker. Even if he was there w/no dogs his knowledge alone would help tree a bear.
HOME OF DUAL GRCH HUNT'S RIDEGTOP RUBY
J HUNT
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby loaded4bear » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for the responses. The snow is giving me cabin fever. Hopefully it will let up soon!
loaded4bear
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby wvpringle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

SECOND THAT JHUNT

IN WV KENNY MULLOOLY HAS TO BE TOWARD THE TOP OF THE LIST

If you are WV and don't know him I am sure you have heard of him. He knows the dogs and the land better than I know my back yard. He is always in the right place at the right time? first few times I thought he was just lucky, but after about 30 more times in row - forget it. He just knows his stuff. We ran a small one this year for a few hours and I have no clue how many miles. He starts on foot and they tree where he is. If the dogs did not tree there I think he would have treed the bear himself.
wvpringle
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby BuckNAze » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:47 am

We have a couple guys that are pretty died hard around my area. Wish I was half as good as they are, maybe some day!
BuckNAze
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby coastrangecathunting » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:40 pm

in oregon it would have to be the gov. trappers they snair them left and right . whats more humane getting treed by dogs looked over and most of the time released or sitting in a foot snair for a week and dieing a slow torchered death :x need to put that on t.v.
from april on in the south west they have a snair about on every road i hunt on. i have found alot and they all have caught at least one. bunch of b.s. the voters dont know that.
jc
coastrangecathunting
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby bearbaito6 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm

You should let em know!
bearbaito6
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Jake Bell » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Well im from Ontario, and id have to Say Doug Macnab/Ray Martin, or Lance Eves
Proud to be Canadian
Jake Bell
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby nessplott2 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 am

I would say the guy I hunt with tim collar. We tree during training season 50-60. Bear in a 2 month training season. I haven't personally hunted with the Malsins - mark hubert but I think they also do pretty good!
nessplott2
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Jason Waterhouse » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:58 pm

I've got a couple from the New England states. Pete Richardson from Vermont is the best houndsman I have ever met.I dont know many other bear hunters from Vermont but he has to be one of the top if not the best .

I have to agree with George on this one.Pete has showed me alot of bears over the years. Loudmouthspike I have never hunted with dan luke ,but hunted with his brother phil luke one time. Phil seamed like a decent guy.
http://www.mountainwalkerkennels.com

http://bearhuntersonline.com/

http://www.vermontbearhoundassociation.com

''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne
Jason Waterhouse
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby loaded4bear » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 pm

thank for all the responses. Although these guys do not hunt for a pat on the back. I'm sure their head swells a little when they acknowledge all the long days and nights looking for hounds, not to mention time away from family and freinds, money spent at least someone notices.
loaded4bear
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby dog chaser » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:51 pm

wvpringle wrote:SECOND THAT JHUNT

IN WV KENNY MULLOOLY HAS TO BE TOWARD THE TOP OF THE LIST

If you are WV and don't know him I am sure you have heard of him. He knows the dogs and the land better than I know my back yard. He is always in the right place at the right time? first few times I thought he was just lucky, but after about 30 more times in row - forget it. He just knows his stuff. We ran a small one this year for a few hours and I have no clue how many miles. He starts on foot and they tree where he is. If the dogs did not tree there I think he would have treed the bear himself.

Dont Know him never heard of him till now. Just thought i would throw that out there. I stay in a pretty tight circle.
dog chaser
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby blackpaws » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 am

Nick Nelson From Danbury Wisconsin gets my vote :D
blackpaws
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Next

Return to Bear Hunting