short tail? not a great looking tail.

Discuss Health & Medical Issues

short tail? not a great looking tail.

Postby shoot4fur » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:48 am

Have any of you guys ever heard of a walker, or anyother dog being born with a short tail? I just whent and looked at a three month old walker pup, and her tail looks like it was docked like a bird dog. It is about six inches long, not sure what to think. I think i still might try her though, her nose was all over the place and i would miss out on sum of the waiting for a puppy to get old enough to start working with. I guess she was born with the tail being short, should i worry about it or not, will it affect anything, I know it has nothing to do with her nose, so I dont see a problem.
Last edited by shoot4fur on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
shoot4fur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: short tail?

Postby shoot4fur » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 am

well the wife did'nt say she was going to leave me if I got the dog, So i am going to pick her up tomorrow. short tail or not we will see if i can make a hound out of her. My first hound was an ugly little blue dog, and he was awesome.
shoot4fur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: short tail? not a great looking tail.

Postby shoot4fur » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 pm

well I got the dog tonight, she is either around three months or a beagle :D , she came with a pink pokadott collar, and her name is Lady. She also came with a toy dog from the movie lady and the tramp, it is tramp. she was an inside dog so far. she will have to grow her hair out now. I like the challenge and will try my hardest to make a hound of her. I will keep you posted.
shoot4fur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby tman308 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:51 am

Are you sure the owner didn't dock it when it was only a few days old? I have 2 with docked tails, one I did myself at 3 days old.
Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby shoot4fur » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:29 am

Yah the more I get to looking at it i think your right. It is most likely docked. I got her from some people that were going to make a house dog out of her and decided they did not need a hound. I called on the litter when they were born, then came across this pup from the litter. It worked out well. so far so good, she is a little yapppy though, so we are working on that, but she is real gritty so far.
shoot4fur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Return to Health & Medical Issues