THE BEST BEAR DOG YOU OWN OUR EVER HUNTED WITH

Talk about Bear Hunting

THE BEST BEAR DOG YOU OWN OUR EVER HUNTED WITH

Postby ryan goodwin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 pm

Allwright boys and gals lets here about the best bear dog you own or ever hunted with. The best bear dog i have ever hunted with is my vinni dog.Strike dog, extremely fast,great tree dog,And very gritty this dog is not afraid to get in there and get ahold and put the pressure on them,so lets here yours. This is a pic of vinni on the right and his son jack on the left

Last edited by ryan goodwin on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
ryan goodwin
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby beardogger4life » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:17 am

the best bear dog i have ever owned is Badger,he is curently 4 1/2 years old maybe 5. He is half plot and 1/4 bluetick and 1/4 walker. nobody i hunt with has a dog that can keep up with him. i wish i was able to run him with some of the other greats that are dead and gone now or just to old to be able to do what they used to, just to see how he stacks up.

There is a dog that i have to mention as great also. his name was hoss. i had to put him down on the 12th of this month. it was one of the hardiest decisions i have ever had to make. He was good all around.good on those tricky short tails,hell of a strike dog,and was affraid of no bear. if it wasn't for him i would not have the pack of dogs i have today. RIP old friend and know you will be missed. :(
HOUND HUNTING ISN'T A HOBBY IT'S AN ADDICTION
beardogger4life
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: THE BEST BEAR DOG YOU OWN OUR EVER HUNTED WITH

Postby cecil j. » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 am

ryan goodwin wrote:Allwright boys and gals lets here about the best bear dog you own or ever hunted with. The best bear dog i have ever hunted with is my vinni dog.Strike dog, extremely fast,great tree dog,And very gritty this dog is not afraid to get in there and get ahold and put the pressure on them,so lets here yours.
I deffent1l know better than too do this but what the hey/ it could of been ole Tuffie of Harland Maxxwells, or ol Plutto of Carl Horners, Maybee ol Boggie of Bob Sages, or ole Banjo of Shorty Martins, or or ol Dan of Mr. Beemans or ole Junior I think hs name was of Shutts, well maybe Ole Burt of Rick Summers= ya know the more I try too narrow it down the list justgrows ! I guess I`d honestly just have too say ANY DOG ONE THAT GIVEN DAY WHO GOT THAT BEAR TREED UP AN WITH OUT THAT DOG ON THE BEAR WED PROBABLY STLL BE DOGGEN THAT CRITTER !!?

jack
cecil j.
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Mel White » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:38 am

Beardogger how about some older ones like ruger&toby. i got to hunt with those dogs some. and later a dog you guys ended up with, shasta. back then i allways thought littlie dickies dog rambo was great. wasnt he a littermate to ruger?
Mel White
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby beardogger4life » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:48 am

rambo was a littermate to toby. those two were dave dean bred hammer 8 puppies and the only two out of the litter that were black and white with brown cheeks. they looked more like walkers than papered blueticks. ruger was a bad ass too and he was mostly bluetick but looked like a walker with lots of brown, he was one out of tobys/cindys first litter. those were some of the old dogs i was talking about, among others. i never thought i would ever hear there names on here, i guess thats an honor. thanks mel
beardogger4life
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bearbaito6 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:06 am

Yeah Rugar and Toby were some of the best I've seen, along with Jack. Hoss and Badger are real bear dogs too! I really like Chucky and my dog of course Pokey. Another one that I'm really starting to like is a dog named Boomer.
bearbaito6
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby beardogger4life » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:13 am

hell yeah bearbait, pokey and his dad whiney both were two REAL BEAR DOGS i was thinking about them also. those kinda dogs dont come around very often. seen it with my own eyes, both very good dogs!
beardogger4life
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Mel White » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 pm

I dont know bearbait. Pokey looked pretty good on a bobcat in an old video i had. then you had to get him running trash.
Mel White
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Bill » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey Mel what ever happened to that Walley dog you had?
Bill

Postby bearbaito6 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:58 am

Hey Mel I think I got my dogs pretty much broke off those little things. I think they just like a challege, all they run during the winter any more is coyotes.
Last edited by bearbaito6 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearbaito6
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Mel White » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:32 pm

hey bill. wally died probally 7 years ago. i still have a dog out of him named beaver that turned out to be a great cat dog but he is allready 10.
Mel White
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bear dog

Postby lepcur » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:56 pm

This is a pic. of my old Buck dog, he's the first dog to show me what a real b
ear dog is supposed to be like. Have a good1, Mike

I miss ole Buck
I hunt the Leopard spotted bear dogs
http://bearmtnguideservice.webs.com/
lepcur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

best bear dog

Postby lsorenso » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:33 am

I have been around some pretty good dogs, but none like Wade Lemon's dog Copper, he is dead and gone now, but the best rig dog ever, and would stay with a mean bear for days. Kim Payne has some mighty fine bear dogs too. Most of the bears around these parts don't tree and can make for some long races, I have seen some pretty remarkable things from Kim and Wades dogs. Kim sold one of his better dogs to Bigshooter and he has some fine dogs too.
lsorenso
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Borderpond » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:48 pm

I've had some decent dogs, and seen a couple REAL nice ones. The best bear catching dog i have ever seen was a New Hampshire dog named Bullet.Registered walker male.He wasnt the perfect all around dog for sure but he was the best bear catcher I have ever seen.Bullet was owned by Mike Lord in NH and then sold down south a few years ago to,I think, a guy named Denny Russell.
I hunted hard with Bullet 2 years in a row. 4 or 5 days a week during training season. I saw him on 50 or 60 trees a year. He was a top rig dog.He had faults.He was pretty quiet on track sometimes.Many many times he would slip out and give only a bark or two then be treed.We'd have to send a good open mouth cold trailer with him so we could turn dogs in easier.Other times he would open good on track.He was tough as nails too.I've got lots of video of him mixing it up with mean bears.Like I said, he wasnt perfect BUt I have never seen a dog tree so many bears as Bullet.He just very rarely ever screwed up and almost always ended up with a bear in the tree.
He may still be alive but I am not sure. He also threw some pretty good dogs in his likeness.
Borderpond
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby sow flat slim » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:29 pm

The best that I have seen was a little female leopard cur that Randy Oller had. Her name was Token, and she was something else. One hell of a rig dog and the fastest dog on track that I personaly have seen. She had an amazingly cold nose and knew how to use it, and had no fear of a bear. She also was a very smart and personable dog, and I got to where I thought the world of her. Believe Me, she was something else. If you look back up in this thread you will see another leopard, that was owned by Mike (Lepcur), I believe he was a full brother to Token. Never hunted with him but Randy thought a lot of him.
sow flat slim
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Next

Return to Bear Hunting