Timber Choppers?

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...

Timber Choppers?

Postby bawlinhound » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:05 pm

I am getting a timber chopper pup this fall and am just wondering for everyone who has had a timber chopper pup what have you thought about em.
bawlinhound
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Timber Choppers?

Postby vittonej » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 am

I had one about 2 years ago the dog was alright, liked to run bobcats, was kind of a hot nosed dog, had a hard time casting, but if you had a track it would run good. treed a handful of cats with him, he died at 4 years old from a flipped stomach.
vittonej

Postby DEE POWELL » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm

TIMBER CHOPPER HOUNDS COME FROM FIREBALL BREEDING. HAD 1 OUT OF TIMBER CHOPPER DAN THAT DIDN'T TREE HIS OWN COON TIL 26 MONTHS OLD BUT WAS CONSISTANT AND ACCURATE AFTER THAT POINT.
WITH ANY BREED GET A PUP OUT OF PROVEN PARENTS AND STILL THEY DON'T ALWAYS TURN OUT.
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby dawger » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Funny, I always thought they came from Max Hunters Timber Chopper.
If they're going to run trash, they better run to cath it!!!
dawger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby livetohunt » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Dee,
Are the two dogs that Max Hunter bred back in the 60's to start the timber chopper line, True Too and Grady's Belmont Queen from the Fireball line?
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:53 am

I STILL HAVE THE 6 GENERATION PAPERS ON TIMBER CHOPPER DAN...HIS PARENTS WERE PR DOGS THAT CAME FROM LITTLE RED FIREBALL III AND FIREBALL II. MAX HUNTER'S FIRST DOG OUT OF THE ORGINAL FIREBALL DOG; A DOG NAMED HUNTER'S CHIP AND FROM THERE BECAME ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS REDBONES EVER... FAMOUS AMOS. THIS IS WHERE MAX HUNTER AND WAYNE CAMPBELL TEAMED UP AND STARTING BREEDING REBONES IN VIRGINIA.
FRED SNIDER UP THE NORTH EAST HAD A LINE OF HOUNDS THAT THEY OUTCROSSED ON AS WELL AS ACE AND OUTLAW BLOOD.
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby dawger » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 am

You might want to check that. I just googled Joe Melton's fireball and he was in the hunts in the mid 80's right behind Famous Amous. Which was out of Wayne Campbells Timber Chip. And The original Timber Chopper was alive in the late sixties.
http://www.nationalredbonecoonhoundasso ... mpions.htm
I do know timber Choppin Dan has a lot of fireball breeding behind him. I dont' think that would make the Timberchopper bred dogs Fireball breeding though.
If they're going to run trash, they better run to cath it!!!
dawger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Buddyw » Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm

We had a Pup out of Timber Chopper Dan.

Easiest starting dog we've done, Good Coon Dog. Lock down Tree Dog. he would catch some Cats but Just wasn't going to make a Cat dog. We decided to Give him to a Friend in the Mid West that was looking for an Coon Dog with more Tree.

Anyways While he was here Visiting we were out Showing him the dog, I'll be damned if that Mutt Didn't Get away from the other dogs and Tree his own bobcat! (I think it was just his way of saying screw you to me.)

My biggest Problem with him was on a Bobcat race when they had a Hard loose he would want to pull a Tree, I had to really stay on top of that. But Loved coons, Hard to beat on coons, Almost to a Fault for someone trying to hunt Cats. We've found several Coons at 11-2 in the day time..
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Redbone Coonhounds