Garmin DC40 Review and new Garmin Loaner Program.

Site News and Announcements
captd
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Garmin DC40 Review and new Garmin Loaner Program.

Postby captd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 pm

buddy, like to trade my 220 that needs sent in for a new one. garmin said 150 to fix but cant figure out how to send it in and they wont answer my fax. best, don
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Best to call them in the mornings, that's when I have the best luck.

If you want to trade it in to me for a new one, Give me a call 360-263-6188.
njharnde

Postby njharnde » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm

I have 9 of the dc-30's and love them. I keep hearing that the dc-40 would let me put all my equipment on one collar. I just got it today and what a hunk of CRAP! I waited to get this thing and am now really sad i did. I have been a firm believer in garmin for years. I use them in my car, boat, and for work. The new system will track 50 yards and then nothing. I put the system on my beagle (thank god it wasnt a bear hound) it went out and was gone. It took me half the day to find the hound i was not happy. I came home and updated the 220 and the dc-40 then made the wife take it for a ride. I lost her before she left the driveway(of course she came back GRRRR) lol.

Well this is what i ended up with a week of waiting, $200, half of my day off chasing a dog and a pile if crap for a tracking collar! GOOD LUCK!!! I will call garmin in the am. Thanks had to vent. Now i got to go deal with the wife with the frozen hand from the drive with it out the window. LOL
roxiegene

Postby roxiegene » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:00 pm

so do the 30 collars work good and what is the range thanks roxie
Chaser

Postby Chaser » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Buddy

Whats the news on Garmin continuing making the DC 30 or are they going to discontinue it ? Do they have any plans on fixing our concerns on the DC 40 ?

Thanks Billy
Turn em loose ...

Bear Hunting ... A series of mini-disasters
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Billy,

So far no change on the DC30 news.

as far as the DC40 goes, It has gotten much better with the updates, I still have and get calls from people that are not happy with them, but I have a coule customers that are happy with them also.

The way I figure it is the Updated DC40 is tracking almost as good as a DC30 that hasn't been updated in 2 years. Most people wouldn't notice the difference in day to day usages. But you will see the DC40 loose signal more than the DC30 (In General)

I don't know what Garmin is going to do.. I konw I sell 100 DC30's to every DC40 right now. and I checked with the Wareghouse and they are selling at least 10 to 1, But they sell to all of the Non Hounding outfits and allot of the bird guys and even the big Box stores which many stopped selling the DC30's so I would expect those folks to not know the issues of the DC40 as well as we know them.

But clearly the DC30's out selling the DC40's even 6 months after the New product.. Hopefully someone at garmin looks at this issue and keeps them around until they figure out what we want and are telling them.

But I doubt it.. They haven't shown any intrest in listening before I don't expect anything different Now.
roxiegene

Postby roxiegene » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 pm

so does most of you guys think a garmin astro 220 dc30 system is a good one for hunting lions? as the info i found says for beagles and bird dogs! and i cant find a warranty on them either anyone know what it is? i sold my system and was gonna buy the 40 but i read reviews and now i think i will buy the 30 what do you all think thanks!
Chaser

Postby Chaser » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 am

Thanks for the reply, Buddy

Billy
Turn em loose ...

Bear Hunting ... A series of mini-disasters
meguide01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby meguide01 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 am

buddy, i just purchased some garmin items from double u graphics and was confused when could not get back to biggamehoundsmen site directly had to resign in after ending my visit??? can this possibly be linked so you can get back directly. also have a question on the garmin dc30 collars. i have a system with 4 collars now am lookin to buy another systemwith two more collars, do i have to get collars that are different numbers as what i have or can they be changed once i purchase them? i also have abuddy buying a three collar system and we wonder if we can run three systems with our nine collars and track all them at once on all three 220 units? also is garmin looking to expand tracking capabilities to more than 10 collars, similar to tracker systems? thanks Randy
Randall Carl
All Seasons Guiding
Swanville Maine
life is short:spend it hunting with hounds!!!!
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 am

Randall,

The website is different and uses a different database so I don't know that it will be easy to transfer back and forth.. But really it shouldn't log you out of this website when you leave and come back after a few minutes?

To answer you Garmin questions, The collars are all programmable to any number you want, you can switch the numbers on any collars you have and any that you get, and yes you can have 3 units track 9 collars.

I hope they will figure out a way to get more collars, Unfortunately I don't know that it will happen anytime soon
meguide01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby meguide01 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

thank u buddy for the reply so quickly and keep up the site work it is appreciated.
Randall Carl

All Seasons Guiding

Swanville Maine

life is short:spend it hunting with hounds!!!!
hawgdawg

Postby hawgdawg » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Buddyw i bought two dc 40's and one of them works as good as my dc 30's , and the other has never picked up over 200 yrds. . I have updated all my collars and it still doesn't pickup over 200 yrds. So all my garmin products in the future will be purchased through you as i can not get ahold of a Garmin representative on the phone . Is there anything I can try at home to resolve this problem or should i just mail it back to garmin ?

Thanks - Roger
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 am

If it's not picking up over 200 yards that's not the issue with the DC40 that I have problem with, My issues were with the GPS reception in less than ideal conditions. Something's wrong with it. I would try and call Garmin early in the morning and definitely not on a Monday.. Monday's seam to be the worst hold times..

I would send that back in to Garmin, they'll send you a new one. Also I would Disconnect the Battery for about 20 minutes and that will reset the collar, that's normally what Garmin wants people to do and it will save you from having to sit on Hold the second time.

Hope that helps!

Buddy.
Muddy
Facebook ID: 1454782641499532

Postby Muddy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 am

Buddy, brand new to site, all way from Oz. We run the Astro 220's and the DC30 collars with a couple of DC40's. As we have 17 collars in total some of us have 2 220's to cover all collars. The big question is do you think or have you or anyone heard that the upcoming Astro 320 will be able to handle more than 10 collars ?
Muddy
Facebook ID: 1454782641499532

Postby Muddy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:38 am

Buddyw, do you know or have you heard that the new Astro 320 will handle more than 10 collars ?

Return to “Site News and Announcements”