Winter BGH Raffle Change of Plans.

Site News and Announcements
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Winter BGH Raffle Change of Plans.

Postby Buddyw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:55 pm

This brings me to another point, I've been debating the last few weeks.

We are coming up on the time for the Next Raffle for the BigGameHoundsmen, In the past I've done two Raffles each year and normally the proceeds go towards the cost of maintaining the website, Well We've had plenty of bussiness from members of the website and through referals. So This year and (the tenative plan for Future years) is to Donate all the Profits and proceeds from the "winter" Raffle to Hound Clubs around the Nation. I haven't decided on the Summer raffle since that's the slowest time and sometimes it hurts to pay the Server bills during the summer, but if things continue to grow for my company, I would like to think about doing it for that one as well.

After 3 years this website is really starting to become an asset than a liability. So I think it's only fair that I pay it back somehow after all you guys are what makes this website great, It's Definately not me.

I'm going to start out with a club that's been trying against odds to get something going in Washington for Political fights. There aren't many clubs in Washington, some are folding, and most of them are geared towards Field Trials and Comp Hunts. I'm kinda a Pleasure Hunting guy and want to see a club that goes and represents Hunting and fights for Hunting rights. Next year it will be a different Club in a Different State, I'm even thinking about allowing the members of this site to Vote for the Finalist and select the Club they feel deserves the money (obvious you need to get me out of the equation since I'm biased towards WA and OR!)

But this time I've already offered and committed to Donate all the proceeds of the up coming raffle to the Lower Columbia Sportsmen Alliance, I opened my mouth before I thought about doing a vote... I'll be setting up the details soon. But If we are going to continue the Raffle, I want it to be for a good cause for many houndsmen and I want it to be about hunting rights and Fighting for them, Not putting on Bench shows and Competition hunts. Not saying the club can't put on shows and hunts, But they should be focused on the politics first because that's a benifit that we all enjoy.

Lastly I do want to thank everyone that bought tickets in the past "just to Support the site" It amazes me how good and supportive Hound guys are.

Buddy
DeVuono311
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Winter BGH Raffle Change of Plans.

Postby DeVuono311 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Buddy,

First of all, I just have to say You do ONE HELL of a job with this site. Its incomparible to any other site I've found. Any other site I find regarding Hunting hounds just doesnt compare as far as amount of topics covered, number of members with input, or detail to the overall layout of the site. Keep up the great work as it is more than appreciated!

Now that I've gotten that off my chest. When will this winter raffle take place and what are the details?

-Thanks
Tyler

Return to “Site News and Announcements”