Greenies stealing pictures????

Site News and Announcements
African
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Greenies stealing pictures????

Postby African » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 am

Hi Admins, do you have the means to check which IP addresses have downloaded pictures from this site? do you have any privacy disclaimers in place? there has been some irresponsible reporting by a news service here in SA where claims of dogs ripping Leopard to pieces has been sensationalized by pictures taken from this forum. Please advise. I doubt the reporter has any knowledge of this forum unless directed here by a houndsman in the know.
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Greenies stealing pictures????

Postby Liz ODell » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Well I'm no admin here but yes they animal rights people will take any photos and post them for their use...that is why EVERYONE should question every photo you want to share before you hit the post button.
No, the animal rightists are never going to approve of what we do but they are a small (but vocal) group, the ones we need to be concerned with are the 90% of the population out there that knows nothing about what we do and as the old saying goes 'a picture is worth 1000 words' so please people some of the stuff I see posted on here and on youtube makes me cringe especially when I try to place myself in the shoes of somone who has never even heard of hound hunting (other than perhaps through Disney) before.
Anyone can take a certain amount of photos off of the web and use it without express permission if express permission was never a requirement...and there are many animal rights people that view this site and I'm sure some are even members so never take anything for granted.
I have seen some things filmed and posted that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place and then to post it on the internet? Wow...I'm speechless and there is no way I can even try to defend it.
I'm sorry they have stolen your photos but they are quite likely legal in doing so.
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Good post Liz, but I might add that I do not think it is legal to post another's pictures, without permission or link or source as to whom took them. I do believe that is the law now.
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Unreal_tk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:21 pm

He is from Africa, laws could be different really easy. And liz you hit the nail on the head.
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 pm

There isn't a way to see all downloaded images.. Actually every person that views the website and the photo's has downloaded the photo's to look at them in their browser.

If you have some proof that they pulled a photo from this website, I will do what I can to pursue and protect copyright and such. But it's not something that is easy.

Email me the info along with the links and photo's used.

buddy
Hounder-
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Hounder- » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Dunno about the legality of using pictures.

But the main point is Liz you are 100% correct. Think about your actions and your posts. We have a great lifestyle here in hound hunting, and most of the public can respect that, but like in all things in today's world anything can be spun negatively with the right ammo.
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Liz ODell » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 pm

I just remember the posts when the new (at the time HSUS) hound video came out and it had video pieces from several peoples hunting videos and as far as I know they were not able to do anything about it.
Those images were actually clean ones...no one will come forward and lay claim to the bullshit that was shown on that video, I wish they would.
pchop
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000451060997

Postby pchop » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Question african were these the photos that were posted in a discussion about dogos?
Jason Rohrbach
El Sobrante C.A
I just love hunting with dogs!
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Once again we are own worst enemy, time and time again the anti's have use pictures that somebody posted thinking it was something to be proud of and it's come back to bite us in the ASS, last summer in the heat of SB 1221 HSUS showed a bunch of pictures of 13 dogs fighting a bobcat that were pulled from a web site advertising hound hunting from Texas and even though we were told this is legal in Texas it still made us look bad, it doesn't matter if it's legal or not if it CAN be used against us it WILL be used against us!
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
African
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby African » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 am

The picture that was lifted from the forum is just a trophy photo and has been used out of context to the story - nothing brutal or extreme. Sensationalist and irresponsible journalism is again being used to rally anti-hunting sentiments. See for yourselves - http://www.noseweek.co.za/article/2918/ ... ge-the-law.

The cover photo is not 1 of mine, but page 2 of the article displays the picture that the journalist freely states was taken from the biggamehoundsmen.com forum.
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Liz ODell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:14 pm

I guess we can't look at the whole story unless we buy a subscription...yes that is the animal rights people favorite generic line about hounds "tear the animal to pieces".
I'm not sure they even put much thought into making that statement (especially as to if that could even physically happen) but it's just something they say cause it's offensive and sensational :roll:
timintx

Postby timintx » Sat May 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Dale easy on the name dropping we have a good thing going with are none game animals I have not seen the pic your talking about but I don't think one bobcat would stand to fight 14 hounds if they took my rights I would move
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
timintx

Postby timintx » Sun May 26, 2013 1:33 am

Dale we have battles to I'm not a hog hunter but they will not let them run hounds on public land also we have millions of Public land that the trappers and houndsmen cant use we need to vote more of them in with an R then a D. Still I would move if they took my rights
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:44 pm

to stop the bad photos posted there should be a way to set it up on here that the administrators have to view any and all photos that are wanted to be posted first . if it not good they can reject it. that would help a little.
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “Site News and Announcements”