Dog food?

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
nordichunter
Facebook ID: 0

Dog food?

Postby nordichunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:41 pm

What do you guys feed your dogs, i have a 9 months old swedish elkhound, and i gave him some raw meat, and commercial dog food, but she eats so damn slowly. She also does not seem to have much energy...
FullCryHounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Dog food?

Postby FullCryHounds » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:24 am

First, I would worm your dog to make sure it is parasite free. Then get yourself some good quality dry food. Do some research on this and go with the best you can afford. Then find a source for free red meat. I have access to an unlimited supply of bison meat so that is what I use. Heart and liver is excellent. Horse meat is outstanding for dogs if you can find your local guy that picks up dead horses. Or talk to a few of your local trappers. They are usually very glad to give you all the meat you need, free. Beaver meat is probably the best meat you can feed dogs. I cut my meat up into bite size chunks and cook them on the BBQ. Then split it up into freezer bags and freeze it. In about four hours I can cook up enough to feed 4 dogs for a year. I add a half dozen chucks to each dogs dry food each day. In the winter, I'll heat it up with water and split that up for each dog, it'll help warm up your dogs on those cold mornings when you're headed out when it's 0 degrees out. You will have extremely healthy and energetic dogs in no time. But the long term payoff is healthier dogs and less vet bills.
Dean Hendrickson
Pine, CO.
Rocky Mountain Wildlife Studios
rmwildlifestudios.com

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”