Weird experience

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
Grendel
Facebook ID: 0

Weird experience

Postby Grendel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:51 am

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. The middle of July, my good male got extremely sick. Had him at the vet on IV for three days and all that they could figure out is that he had some sort of stomach infection. About a week after he left the vet, a lump started growing on his right side on top of the last two ribs. The vet has been monitoring it and I finally had them lance it this week after it grew to the size of a softball. They ended up finding a one inch long piece of cheet grass working its way out between the ribs. They are 95% sure that this is the cause of the original sickness and that he had sucked it in while hunting. Anyone had a similar experience?
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Weird experience

Postby Unreal_tk » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:04 am

Cheat grass is terrible on throats. My male had one this year. And my one female had one a couple years ago on her pauch area.
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:25 am

Cheat grass is bad news in this area as well. It not only can be picked up in the mouth and nose like other foxtail type grasses but it can also be terrible in the ears of work into the paws of dogs as well. Around here it grows on just about any gravel based soil , it greens up early in the spring and can offer deer and sheep feed for a few weeks but cures quickly has little nutritional value and from there on is simply a pain.

I use to train a lot of young hounds and bird dogs close by so i ended up running them on thick cheat grass areas but after a few years of probelms I make sure to get away from it to a better area even if it means more driving.

Bird dog guys need to watch out too because they are more liable to be running their dogs in grassy areas than the hounds.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby scrubrunner » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:30 am

Didn't know what cheat grass was, had to google it. Looks like some bad evasive stuff y'all got there.

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”