female may be pregnant

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
azlion
Facebook ID: 0

female may be pregnant

Postby azlion » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 pm

my female may be pregnant about 3-4 weeks now. I didn't want here to get pregnant anymore especially now that hunting seasons coming around, they vet said my only option to stop her from having pups is to spay her. my question is how do the hounds do being spayed do they gain a lot of wait i have never had any of my females spayed. any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: female may be pregnant

Postby pegleg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Spayed females generally do fine. If they have good drive weight gain isn't a real problem. It also gives you hounds you can hunt with about any strange hounds issue free. The other advantage in az at least is females that have been spayed are less likely to develop tumors and cancers. I had some light colored hounds years ago that seemed prone to cancer and once I decided it was to much of a issue and had them all fixed the females never did develop any tumors.
kordog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: female may be pregnant

Postby kordog » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:22 pm

as the owner you control how much food ,and what kind the dog gets ,and how much exercise so it really is up to you as far as them getting overweight.it is the finicky dog that doesnt eat much,and the skin and bones hounds that have a hard time keeping weight because of their metabolism that a houndsman cant do much about.

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”