Tailgate Adventures TV Show

Share links to other hound hunting related sites.

walkersrule
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Tailgate Adventures TV Show

Postby walkersrule » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 pm

i think its an awesome show if you are a competition coon hunter. but it hasnt really impressed me much on the whole spectrum of hound hunting. also i thought that on the few big game hunts that i have watched, they were doing more advertising than letting people know what kind of experience they were having and what it was all about. just my .02
jimmy
TGA
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby TGA » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:08 am

Let me try and answer those criticisms...

There are only 13 episodes in a quarter, and within those episodes, we covered only two "competition" type coon hunts. It is hardly a show about competition coon hunters. The other competition hunt was a squirrel hunt. We also covered a boar hunt, two bear hunts (the same number as competition coon hunts) and a rabbit hunt. And... we managed to cover nearly every breed of hound and a couple cur. I thought we did a pretty good job of keeping it diverse!

Within the last bear hunt, during the content of the show, there was no mention of any products other than plugging the outfitter we were hunting with, which is his payment for hosting us. The bear/boar hunt included us plugging some product, but that was repayment for helping us afford to travel for the episode. Other than that, there's the Tailgate Tech Tips and normal commercials, present in most every episode (not just big game hunts) and that's how you afford to put a show on the air... advertisers. Even NFL football games only exist because of the commercial advertisers, otherwise they wouldn't be on the air. Heck, even the first down line, now has a sponsor!

But thanks for watching the show...
David Schmidt
219-614-0654
National Hound and Tree Dog Association
NHTDA.org
Follow us on Facebook!
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dads dogboy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:10 pm

The one episode that we have seen was great!

Putting this type of Show together is a real Challenge. Anything new the Advertisers are leary of...and it is deffinitly advertisers who make it free for us to watch!

Keep up the good work! Many more enterprizes like this fail to make it this far!

CJC
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
Jason Waterhouse
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jason Waterhouse » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks for the show i like it.Really liked the bear hunts with hounds.I would love to see some Northeast bobcat hunts in the future.
''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne
TGA
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby TGA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 am

Wild Spirit has invited us back for a bobcat hunt this winter or late spring, and the Stireks have invited us out for a mountain lion hunt... we hope to cover those hunts and many others in Season II.
David Schmidt
219-614-0654
NHTDA.org
Follow us on Facebook!
Waterway
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Waterway » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 am

I have made a point of watching each show except for one. In a half hour program I feel you have done a good job of represents hound hunting to the general public. Yet in such a short amount of time it is hard to show or explain why we veterans really run hounds. Its tough to picture the pleasure we take in our hounds, the challanges and adversities that make each hunt differant, a star filled night and possibly the light of the northern lights, or just the challange of seeing gear horses and hounds and a lot of planning come together on a warm sunny day.
Keep doing what you are doing! I think you are doing all houndsman a good service in the way you are representing us to the general public!!

Mel
TGA
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby TGA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Thank you Waterway!

I don't know if anyone as ever timed it, but with the required commercial brakes, credits, etc. there's only approximately 20.5 minutes of actual content in any 30 minute show. So you're right, it's hard to pack it all in. We could run multii-episode "mini series" to capture more of a hunt, but then you cut out the number other episodes to cover other breeds, game, etc.

It's truly a balancing act!
David Schmidt
219-614-0654
NHTDA.org
Follow us on Facebook!
killemallboy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby killemallboy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:04 pm

you said you cover 1 episode a week right so why not make that into a three part seris what would the difference be right i like the show has good and bad points i am not a coon hunter those show are informative but not exciting as for the big game and even the squiralhunt was interesting and neat to watch i like the rabbit hunting shows brought me back to being a kid it was fun are you also going to be airing things like running deer or moose hunting with dogs just a ? for the future what about different terrier breeds like ground hunting that would be something different too just too keep it in the sepcturme thanks have a good day i do enjoy watching the show
TGA
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby TGA » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 pm

killemallboy - You have some good ideas. With regards to the three-part week. We have to buy air time thirteen weeks at a time, and can buy multiple airings in a week, which we've done, but we're only allowed by the network to air the same episode each week. That means an original airing and two re-runs each week. The intent is to really catch viewers with different viewing habits (morning versus evening) throughout the week.

Thanks for the feedback!
David Schmidt
David Schmidt
219-614-0654
NHTDA.org
Follow us on Facebook!
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dads dogboy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:48 pm

TGA,

You are doing damn good to put 20 min of content in a Show.

We along with most outdoor Shows can only fit 18:30 at the most in after openings, teases, bumps and closings.

You are doing a Great Job! Keep it up and come hear an "Oprey" this winter.

CJC
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
inchtowntracking
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby inchtowntracking » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:53 pm

Just got down watching this weeks episode that I had recorded, and I like the show allot. I am not a big fan of coon hunting but I still enjoy watching it, and learning more about it. Lets get some cats on there, thats what I really want to see.
walkersrule
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby walkersrule » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:11 am

well...i guess i should explain more on my thoughts. i wasnt saying that it was a bad show by any means. i think its good, just doesnt really hook me because of what im used to i guess. i just thought that it had alot of the comp coon hunt type of hunting. i understand that you only have x amount of time to show us on the program. it is informative, but kind of in a real serious type of way. i like to hunt to have fun. it kinda grabbed me as almost a documentary kinda show. it is a really good way to inform others that have no idea about the sport and how it works. it may change some peoples opinions about hound hunting too. i am looking forward to seeing different types of hunting like dry ground lions, bobs and bears and east big game and west big game along with coyotes and fox. i would really love to see a gray fox hunt and a west coast bobcat hunt.

jimmy
redmange

Postby redmange » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:48 pm

what days of the week and times does the show air
nessplott2
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby nessplott2 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 am

Hi david I just talked to darrel jonet. He said he offered to have u guys go on a lion hunt. I think that would be a great episode!!
Dollinsline

Postby Dollinsline » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:52 pm

jimmy right, its great for you guys back east. there very little coon hunting here in idaho. sorry dont watch it any more. :(
rockymountainplotts.com

Return to “Links Exchange”