lookin for lion guiding job for this winter

Guide & Outfitter Classifieds
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

lookin for lion guiding job for this winter

Postby catslayer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:44 am

I am looking for a cat guiding job for this winter.I have a great pack of cat hounds that i can catch game with.I have guided here in Idaho since 04 for cats and everything else.I go to Nevada every year to guide cats from december to march except for this season.I have worked for the same outfitter for 3 cat seasons now,but times are tough in the outfitting world so I am out of work for this season.I would love to guide in nevada to stay out of these wolves up here,but I'm not real picky at this point.You can check the outfits I have worked for for reference.Boulder creek outfitters is who i'm with now,and Duncan outfitters is who I worked for before BCO.Both very good outfits,just not enough work for the winter.I just got my renewal notice for nevada but have no outfitter name to put down.I am current on my first aid and cpr as well so im ready to go.My name is jess and I also have a good friend with a great pack of dogs that is out of a guide job as well.He has has guided for 6 years here in Idaho also.
Last edited by catslayer on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
here kitty kitty kitty!!
DesertDweller
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: lookin for lion guiding job for this winter

Postby DesertDweller » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Yup, must be lots of us, will be the first time in 3 yrs I have'nt guided as well here in Idaho... Did you ever hunt with a male walker of georges by the name of chance, that dog came from me, and ended up at georges in a round about way, last I heard he was breeding him.
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby catslayer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Old chancy huh:) Yes i hunted with chance allot as a matter of fact.Fast dog right there.I went to allot of trees with old chancy.He was even fast after he lost his eye sight in his one eye.He never even slowed down in the 3 seasons i was there.Yeah guiding is gettin tough to make a livin at these days.The last 2 years thats all i did for 11 months out of the year.It was just like a real job,but this year I have worked 3 weeks in bear season,5 weeks in elk and i was told we were booked up for cat but then everyone cancelled,so im kinda lookin for a new outfit to start with.Not because i dont like My boss,but I need to work.
here kitty kitty kitty!!
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby catslayer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:14 pm

I forgot to tell ya.George was breeding him and my mom got a pup out of him and a bitch name mary that he had.That pup was the slowest comin on dog i had ever worked with and i would have lost my patience,but mom stuck it out with him and now he is her main cat dog.Not a real tree minded dog,but he is gettin allot better.Smokin fast little bugger just like his daddy though for sure.Why did ya get rid of that dog if ya dont mind me askin?seemed like a dandy to me.
here kitty kitty kitty!!
DesertDweller
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby DesertDweller » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Sold him as a weaning pup, I still have chances mother, shes sneaking up on 13 yrs old and still goes, also still have 2 of chances littermates and 2 half brothers of his as well. Yeah I wanted to find a son of chances to breed back to his sister that I own......aunt/nephew cross
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby catslayer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Oh how does the littermates do on cats?? I am lookin for a good cat dog cause my main bitch is gettin a little old
here kitty kitty kitty!!
DesertDweller
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby DesertDweller » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:08 am

Pretty good there my main dogs, I had a third one as well but lost him to a bear last fall
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby catslayer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:51 am

Oh man,I hate it when that happens.We lost a great little plott dog to a bear this persuit season.We also lost 2 dogs last winter on the lochsa river that froze to death.That really hurt.We tried for 8 days to snowshoe into them but couldnt get to em.We found them this spring and got the collars off of them.We would have froze to death if we had got to them though cause they were in the middle of nowhere.This spring for bear we turned loose and didnt find two of the dogs for 19 and 23 days.Some forest service hippi chick found em up there.They must have lived off bear baits or somethin cause they were alive.I hate losin dogs though.It makes it tough for sure.
here kitty kitty kitty!!
DesertDweller
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby DesertDweller » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:47 am

Yuppers, I hear ya there..........
catslayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby catslayer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Im still lookin for a guidin job.I had a few outfits kinda fall through so im still currently self unemployed:( Let me know if anyone needs help
here kitty kitty kitty!!
budring

Postby budring » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

My cousin Andy bought Duncans outfit last year. He now has chance who is still going strong. He is planning to breed him this year to his top bear dog. If you guys are interested in pups let me know. Frozen semen is also an option.
DesertDweller
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby DesertDweller » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 am

Incase you cousin is curious, chance was born july 20th, 2002. He'll be turning 8 this summer..... hes 3/4 walker, 1/4 bluetick, so if you get a bunch of ticked up even an occassional blue, you'll now where it came from.......

Return to “Guide & Outfitter Classifieds”