Posting pictures on the internet

ANTI's, PETA, HSUS & other Issues affecting Houndsmen
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Posting pictures on the internet

Postby Dale T » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:36 pm

This was posted by Lori Jacobs president of CHC about the posting of pictures on March 24th

If you don't think for a minute that our sites are not being monitored by our enemies you are sadly mistaken. I already had a call this morning from one of DFW's Sergeants letting me know that they had had a complaint that our club was using a live coon at our Elk Creek field trial. I explained it to him and let him know it was fake. He had already been shown the pictures by a certain group, he couldn't mention names and had come to the conclusion that it wasn't alive. Wow!! He was just wanting to warn us that they( HSUS ) are going to go to any means to make us look bad and wanted to wish us luck.
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Posting pictures on the internet

Postby 1bludawg » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:48 pm

That's good information,now we know for a fact they monitor this site .
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 am

They do and that's been proven several times over. By their use of pictures and info taken directly from the site. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to exclude them from accessing the. Site. But it would require everyone to give up a measure of freedom and anonymity. Along with a list being kept somewhere of who we are and our contact and those who know us and the links that bind us. At this time I personnally feel we are better off self regulating our posts and making sure we follow what ever laws pertain to our activities. I have no respect for any of these people and lnow they will do about anything to cause us problems. The truth is simply we out number them but are much less motivated then they. The only regulation id support is that no user id over one year old with out post is erased. I know that this may inconvenience some members but it would help to make them at least examine their own thoughts by posting something. The other issue is these groups pay wages to these spies and that helps them greatly.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:14 am

http://nitro.20m.com/index.html

while we were fighting SB 1221 the antis pulled Bobcat hunting pictures from this site they are now taken down, I know they caught a bunch of flack about them I don't know if they were taken down because the flack or not but they still have some pretty rough picture that need to be cleaned up, while dealing with defending our selves from the antis we have seen a lot of crap pulled off the internet and used against us even some of the best trophy pictures have been used
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
heybearwalker
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby heybearwalker » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 am

I think this should serve as a reminder to all of us who like to post pictures here or anywhere else on the web.
All of us who hunt bear have seen a bear in a tree or at bay, all of us who hunt cats have seen cats in a tree, and so on. We should not need to see pictures of treed game as proof of your dogs ability. Most of us who hunt with dogs can tell the difference in a pic taken of a dog under a tree and one taken in the back yard.
We should never forget that a few pictures and video clips from outside of Oregon helped end bear and lion hunting for the houndsmen inside Oregon. And you can bet top dollar that these same type of pics and clips will be used against houndsmen in Maine.

Just something to think about the next time you want to brag online about your pack of slobbermouths.

Return to “Legislative Issues”