seisure

Forum Rules and Policies
captd
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

seisure

Postby captd » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 pm

had a hound get what we thought was a seizure while treeing on a lion last week. came to after a bit luckily we were close to road and carried him to truck. seemed to be ok after a couple hours, can anyone shed some light on this? best, don
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: seisure

Postby driftwood blue » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 am

2 things come to mind right quick,
1)Low sugar levels after strenious exercise if you can get a candy bar in him at the tree it would be worth checking
2) IVOMEC-- if you have just gave a dose of Ivomec that can do it... especially if it is not properly reduced for dosage.

I have seen a couple of hounds that had stress induced seizures.
swamper

Postby swamper » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:27 pm

I have a dog that has had a seizure twice since your post concerning your dog having a seizure back in February. Mine had a seizure in February and again in September and was baying a hog both times which was similar to your dog treeing. Just wondering what if anything has taken place since then with your dog. I did take my dog to a vet and did get some information about seizures in general but he didn't figure out anything on my dog.
captd
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby captd » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

gave the dog to guy to train pups but he died soon after, vet said brain problems
swamper

Postby swamper » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm sorry to hear it turned out that way. We are still using and relying on my dog as a mainstay in our hunting. Good luck and good hunting. steve

Return to “Forum Code of Conduct and Policies”