4 dog shocking systems= TriTronics, Dogtra, Sportdog...

Post your product review or ask questions on products

Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

4 dog shocking systems= TriTronics, Dogtra, Sportdog...

Postby Liz ODell » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:30 pm

Which is the best or if you own one give us a review or comparison (especially use between charges, ease of use, durability, range), these are the prices I found for a four dog set up on all of them.

Tritronics Trashbreaker G2 EXP complete system $894.70 (Collar Clinic, includes car charger and a charger for each collar)

Dogtra 1804 NC $665.00 (Collar Clinic, I could not find if this included chargers for all collars, car charges or what...)

Sportdog Houndhunter 3200 $659.00 (Lion Country Supply, I could not find if this included chargers, how many or what kind...)
Brady
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Brady » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey liz the only one i would buy is tritronics . I have the classic 70 xls 3 dog it only has a 1 mile rang . they have never ran out off power and i charge them every couple times i go hunting. they always work .I had a inotek it was junk . how is that pup doing?
Brady...
Melanie Hampton
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Melanie Hampton » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:59 pm

I have only used Tri-tronics.. but I have seen guys use the Dogtra.. It was junk.. I really like the Tri-tronics.. We have a Classic 70 and the MulitSport which only has a 1/2 mile range... Never have a problem with them unless I forget and leave them on for a week and not re-charge them before I go back out :oops:
Melanie Hampton
Home of OutWest Hounds

You've only got 3 choices in life
give in, give up, or give it all you got.

http://www.outwesthounds.com
kk
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby kk » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Black&TanMan1
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Black&TanMan1 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:01 am

Just bought the new Trashbreaker G2 EXP, let me tell ya it has alot of range and will knock a dog clean on his butt. Was trying to call one of my young B&T's of an old coon track the other morning and he would just look at me and keep grubbin so i let him have it. Keep in mind he takes a 5 on my field 70 and only yelps and shakes his head, this trashbreaker knocked him on his ass and he came screaming all the way back to me. Boy was I impressed at how far and how well it got him.
plotthoundgirl

Postby plotthoundgirl » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:05 am

I have the tritronics classic 70xls 2dog system. One collar has always worked great. The other collar i had to send in before it was even off warrenty because it wasn't getting any range and wouldn't hold a charge for more than 6 hours. Worked fine the next few times (3) i used it. Then it would not work or even turn on. Spent $180 to have it fixed again. Used it 5 times and it went to S*** on me AGAIN and tri tronics will not stand behind their product or repairs, i'm pissed to say the least!
I've only ever used tritronics shockers, but i'm thinking about trying the SportDOG ProHunter SD-2500 anyone use them??
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby larry » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:59 am

You want to make sure the collar has a beep feature as well, and always beep em before you make em ride the lightning. Pretty soon a beep will get it done most of the time.
Rick Anderson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Rick Anderson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:07 am

Anyone interested in Sport Dog or Innotec collars, email me for a quote. I can get a pretty good price on them.
Rick
email
rick4ccplotts@hotmail.com
kdrchuck
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kdrchuck » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 pm

I have a sportdog, and like it but i would buy tri-tronics if i were to buy another.
jhelvik
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Tri Tronics

Postby jhelvik » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:30 pm

I have the Tri Tronics trashbreaker EXP and it works great. In my opinion it is the only way to go. It is easy to use and has great range.

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”