KENETREK OR SCHEES Which one do you prefer?

Post your product review or ask questions on products

Big Bad Blue Dog

KENETREK OR SCHEES Which one do you prefer?

Postby Big Bad Blue Dog » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:03 pm

I need some info on these boots. Please tell about your opinion with each of the boots thanks.
Last edited by Big Bad Blue Dog on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountainhound
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Whites Hunter Series Boots

Postby Mountainhound » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:09 am

I have a pair of thier steel toe logging boots, pricey, took some time to get them, but well worth it. They are by far the most comfortable workboot I have ever had. I have skinny feet so hard to get a boot that fits properly, these fit perfect. Only complaints is it would be nice if they had more cushion and you could get them insulated. If they ever wear out I will send them back to be resoled.
slidecreekdan
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby slidecreekdan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:24 am

Whites are the standard in logging country. There logging boots are indeed the boot to wear in the woods.
But when it comes to hunting boots, go with the Schnees. My light weight Schnees have been in action over 15 years. The Whites rubber cracked in little over a year. Had them rebuilt and they cracked again. The wife has had the same trouble with hers.
Go with the Schnees, you will be glad you did.
Big Bad Blue Dog

Postby Big Bad Blue Dog » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Yea I looked at the Schnees and they look like a nice boot. I would like to hear from some more people that has wore Schnee boots and see what they think about them.
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000127044925

Postby kehrer10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:40 pm

i have a pair of the schnees ranger gtx's and i love em. they are super comfortable and they hold your foot when going down hill so your toes dont mash against the front of the boot. i mostly use mine for back country elk hunting and they are holding up great and i'm going on 3 years. i almost got the sheep hunters but i went to schnees in bozeman and tried them on, they were super stiff like a ski boot so i went with the rangers.
jeremy
1whitedog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby 1whitedog » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:19 pm

i would go with the Kenetreks, know several who have baught them lately and they all love them. White has always made a great boot. i had schnees and they leaked like a siv but they stood behind their product and sent my money right back
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000127044925

Postby kehrer10 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:55 pm

best advice is to buy boots from the U.S. or europe, but not from china or japan.
jeremy
1whitedog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby 1whitedog » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:14 pm

should have clarified but was on my way out the door. the mountain extremes insulated made in italy are the ones i go with. that is not to say that white does not make an excellent boot, they do, i just have had no experience with their hunting boots. Their loggers are awesome. i will say that i believe finding a real good hunting boot is one of the harder things to come by. But it all depends how much time you spend on your feet and it what kind of country.
mossyck11

Postby mossyck11 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Kenetrek is the way to go. I had a pair of scheenes and they were good for a while but then went down hill fast. I've had a pair of kenetreks for two years and they are still just as good as when I bought them.
T.K.
Big Bad Blue Dog

Postby Big Bad Blue Dog » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 pm

Is the Mountain Extreme non insulated the one that you all are talking about?
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Postby Mr.pacojack » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

I bought the insulated with Gortex. I haven't wore them too much but I need to start because they are just like all the other White's, they need a good break in time.
LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
Big Bad Blue Dog

Re: KENETREK OR SCHEES Which one do you prefer?

Postby Big Bad Blue Dog » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

I changed the subject of this thread because I have narrowed my choice down to these two boots. I just would like to hear more on what people has to say about each boot.
live to hunt
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby live to hunt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Kenetrek is the way to go! I wear my boots every day for my job (lineman) and they are the only boot in the last few years that stand up to climbing poles. The first pair of schee I wore out I took into the shop in bozeman and they told me they were not made to wear everyday :idea: The new whites are pure junk they will fall apart :!: the first pair of Kenetreks I bought i wore every day for a year they resoled them and they are still the most comfable boot that I have ever owned. I also own a pair of mtnex 400 they are great in the winter. work and play the kenetreks are the way to go :!: :!: :!:
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Postby Mr.pacojack » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:31 am

I have the Kenetrek cowboy packs and I don't like them. they are light but they are cold. Good for the fall and spring but they suck in the winter.
LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”