Anyone using the new sportdog gps tracking system???

Post your product review or ask questions on products

bluetickman44

Anyone using the new sportdog gps tracking system???

Postby bluetickman44 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Im trying one of the new sportdog gps systems out and wouldf like some feed back on what hunters think about them?
RickyPaul
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Anyone using the new sportdog gps tracking system???

Postby RickyPaul » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:25 am

Well i am not a hunter and i can't say anything about your device until i see it. If you don't mind then share something about your gps system here so that i can say anything about it. I am sure that hunters will like your tracking gps system. You can visit this site .
nait hadya
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Anyone using the new sportdog gps tracking system???

Postby nait hadya » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:28 am

I have used the SPORTDOG 2.0 a few times this winter. Got a nasty surprise when the battery died just two hours after dropping the hound. With the refresh rate set fast and breadcrumbs it drained it really fast. Realized that I didn't need to know what direction the dog was going in every minute and how fast he was travelling or how many times he was barking. Changed the settings to delete all that useless info and I can tell when he treed by watching the symbol for the hound as it spins in circles.(My old hound circles the tree checking for jumpers) Max range I have seen so far is less than two miles. Handheld is easy to operate, although it took some time to get accustomed to it. Had issues with the online update SPORTDOG sent a new unit. Very good customer service. I like the system and the maps are very good. I have it backed up with a Marshall long range collar.

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”