Best tracking collar

Post your product review or ask questions on products

Cowboy3

Best tracking collar

Postby Cowboy3 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:08 am

Hi, i am 15 years old and i am new to coon hound hunting. I have a 8 year old blutick and a 7 week old redtick/blutick, i am hunting my blutick and i need to know what tracking collar is the best for him, i will be hunting my redtick/blutick when she can. so it would need to be 1 collar and the system for now but will need to get one for my female when the times comes. i am new to this so i was going to ask you Pro's. i also need a field trainer, and what would be the best for her.
Thanks,
Mark.
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Best tracking collar

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:57 pm

I think the Wildlife Materials TRX-3S is a good starter tracking system. It's cheap, can track 3 collars and they work really well. As far as a field trainer, I think you'll find that most people agree that Tritronics is probably the best out there, but you may be able to find a deal on something else.
doghunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby doghunter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:38 pm

I use Marshall for Telemetry and would not recommend anything else. The ability to use AA Batteries and change them anytime you need to and the collars let you know when they get low. Check them out http://marshallradio.com/en/american-ho ... nd-collars
For a tracker I use Quick trac

I have used just about everything out there. For telemetry it is Marshall hands down but I think the tracker part is pricey. For GPS I think Garmin is still the only choice.
Started

Postby Started » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Valley creek hunting dog supplies in texas could take good care of you. They have a web page. They sell new and used stuff. Good quality and good prices
RickyPaul
Facebook ID: 0

Postby RickyPaul » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:03 am

I have visited their web page many times and i got many useful stuff from there. They provide good supplies.
Huntsalittle

Postby Huntsalittle » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Spend your money on a Garmin first, by far the best system out there. I know some have had issues with them, but I think most will tell you it's the only way to go. I have a 320 with dc 30 and dc40 collars and it has worked great. Birds Eye subscription is money well spent. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the Alpha system, but have read several posts on different websites and most are favorable. I use a telemetry backup on some of my dogs and Marshall is hands down the best for several reasons. However, adding telemetry can get expensive, so, adding that depends on your budget. As for training it kinda' depends on what you want to accomplish. I have a Sportdog 3225 and it has worked very well. My son has a Tritonics Trashbreaker and if I had it to do over I would get the Tritronics. But, I am only interested in breaking my dogs off trash, so................

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”