DC50dog track distances

Post your product review or ask questions on products

kiwi48

DC50dog track distances

Postby kiwi48 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:54 am

Hi, a problem but not a show stopper. My hunt mate and I both have 320s and he has dc50 and I run dc 40. When we compare the dc50 dog track distances at the end of the day they are always much shorter than the dogs with dc40s even tho they all run together. We upgraded collars and 320's but not fixed.. Any ideas to try?
Thanks
Graham
NZ
sheimer
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: DC50dog track distances

Postby sheimer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:44 am

Kiwi, I'm just assuming that your talking about the "distance traveled" field and you reset both dogs at the same time. If your dc40 is set on a short update rate like 5 second and the dc50 is set to a longer update rate like 30 seconds or longer, the longer update rate will take out a lot of the curves and back and forth that a dog will do throughout the hunt and make it appear much shorter in length. Also, if the dc50 is not keeping comm with the handheld as well, the Astro will not be recording as many points and therefor take out more of the curves as well making the track appear shorter.

Hope this makes sense.....

Scott
kiwi48

Re: DC50dog track distances

Postby kiwi48 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:32 pm

Thanks..I'll check both Astros and the dog update.. As I said They both show the dog tracks OK but when you go to the detail section of each dog at the end of the hunt the dc50s both show a shorter distance travelled than the dc 40s . Not a biggie but niggling to a pedantic ass hole like me :-)

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”