GARMIN DC 50 IS NOT WORKING?????????????

Post your product review or ask questions on products

bchoundman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 1296843432

GARMIN DC 50 IS NOT WORKING?????????????

Postby bchoundman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:52 pm

baought a brand new 320 dc 50 combo. updated the 320. tried to update the dc 50 but it already was . when I sync the collar I get it for 5-20 seconds then I loose the collar and cant get it back. I have dc20 that out worked this piece of @#@$@5$ @$@$ @@$$. can anybody help me.
Varminator
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: GARMIN DC 50 IS NOT WORKING?????????????

Postby Varminator » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:01 pm

We Don't have 50's but were thinking about getting some?? Some body PLEASE tell him something else (Simple and Good I Hope) to check. I don't know about Canada either!!!

On several occasions JC has sent off collars, and got new collars or sometimes restored collars that didn't work at all or stopped working quickly !!!
If your coming, come on!!! "A Thousand mile journey, Starts with a single step".
sheimer
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby sheimer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:22 am

I have a favor to ask of you. Please go to your main menu, then to Setup, then to About. That should take you to a screen that says: Software Version 3.xx. Please let me know what software version is on your handheld. Then exit all that stuff and go to your dog list. Select the DC50(whatever you named it). Then select "Show Info". Then once your on the dog info page, press menu and then select "Identify Dog Unit". Make sure it is near the collar that is turned on. Let me know what that tells you(ei. can't receive dog data or if it does connect and the light starts rapidly blinking on the collar).

Thanks,
Scott
bchoundman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bchoundman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

okay I was walked through a simple restart by valley creek hunting supply. got everything working. collar worked great never lost reception. furthest the dogs got from me was only 4.7km. I turned the bark detection on it worked. couldn't be happier with the dc 50. blew the 40 out of the water. thanks for the help. everybody buy a dc50
lukeyboy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby lukeyboy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:02 am

hi guys got dc50 3 weeks old only blinking once any help thanks luke
bchoundman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bchoundman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 pm

ya all I did is hold the enter and map button down then while holding enter and map press power till the handheld gets to the very first screen were it says garmin then let go of the power button keep holding enter and map. should come up as reset. click yes its a master reset. one blinking light means the collar is finding handheld. once the light starts to blink three times in a row with a slight pause after the three blinks then it has connected with handheld. let us no how u do. u also must update your handheld before the collar works. if not updated google garmin astro 320 updates. then update
lukeyboy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby lukeyboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:05 pm

collar was working fine again for awhile must be a gps antenna problem never had problems like this wiith the dc30s or 40s the design is pretty poor with only rubber to protect gps wire that may strecth or be easy damage come on garmin make them bit toughter for us pig hunters
Joes redticks
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Joes redticks » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:30 am

lukeyboy go to this web site bruce makes stuff to prtoect your dc50 from the hogs terring it up to bad www.conkeysoutdoors.com hope this helps
Idaho big game kennel's . home to English redtick hounds, solid red hounds and 1 good leopard hound and a Mountain cur ...
lukeyboy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby lukeyboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:01 pm

cheers had this set up wire must strecth easy or something
Attachments
Alpha_Garmin-T5-collar-Armour.jpg

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”