Alpha memory maxed out

Post your product review or ask questions on products

Plotts
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Alpha memory maxed out

Postby Plotts » Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Im at 492 mb of memory free out of 3.60 GB.

I want to install birdseye. What do I need to do? I already went in on Basecamp and removed about 50 saved tracks.
thank you/
South Texan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Alpha memory maxed out

Postby South Texan » Sun May 10, 2015 12:22 am

Put at least a 4G micro SD memory card into your Alpha and then when you download your Birdseye save it to your memory card..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattp
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Alpha memory maxed out

Postby mattp » Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm

you need to go into your track manager, go to archived tracks, and delete each one individually until it is empty. after that go to setup, tracks, auto archive, set to weekly.

this should knock down your stored memory. i would recommend an 8 G card if not bigger for Birdseye, they are large files and one of the top problems we get in the shop here is guys maxing out their memory to the absolute max with Birdseye and that can cause a lot of problems. make sure you are not selecting the box at the end of your Birdseye download that says to send to device when download is complete. if you check the box it wont go onto your card so leave it unchecked and then go in later and send your downloaded maps directly onto your SD card.
Plotts
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Plotts » Fri May 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Thanks for your help, that was what I needed. I've downloaded maps for all the areas I think I will need. It is an interesting tool. I was able to use it in a hunting situation for several days this week. If you already are familiar with the country it is handy, but at the same time I missed my state topo map with land ownership.
I ended up using my 220 with a map chip to supplement the information that is not on Birds eye.

Now Garmin needs a bigger screen like the newer cell phones.....

Again, thanks!
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Just bumped into this and agree they need bigger screens. I can see it . but anyone with the slightest vision problem can't see the screen well enough to make anything out. Especially outside. Out of the four people who went last time I was the only one who could see the screen. As thick as the handheld is extra. Width wouldn't make much difference and would make all the features more useable. I did have the same issue with birdseye maps. But they are far more useful in rugged country you haven't hunted before. Its one thing to know how steep the terrain is but how thick the vegetation is often decides whether its passable or not .

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”