Best hunting rifle attribute mix

Post your product review or ask questions on products

Xiawilarl
Facebook ID: 0

Best hunting rifle attribute mix

Postby Xiawilarl » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:24 am

Hi guys,

A bit of a spin on the "what's the best hunting rifle" question that comes up now and then. That's obviously a "how long is a piece" type question, and different for different people anyway.

I'm curious what a bit of an average is though. Lets forget about buffalo as most of us will never go near them, but lets say best hunting rifle, in terms of general attributes, for general hunting fox through to deer, which is what most of us do.

Do you prefer ultra-light for carrying or a bit more weight for the solid feel and recoil reduction?

Shorter barrel for pointing or longer for a bit more puff?

Timber stock for look and feel or synthetic for toughness/maintenance.

That kind of stuff, what's the mix you look for.

And off topic question about cars. What are the biggest tires I can get on a stock 2013 Ram 1500 without rubbing and lift? I will be getting both wheels and tires. Since I will be on the sand the wider the better and higher profile tires are better since I will be airing them down on the beach.
Last edited by Xiawilarl on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Best hunting rifle attribute mix

Postby SASS » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Here is what matters to me:
accurate
dependable
how easy it is to carry and use.

With that being said depends specifically on the game I am hunting. Small game such as coons bobcats and fox I just use my Winchester 22 semi or my Henry 22 lever, for hogs and black bear I have a 30-30 lever and a 44 mag lever I like all just with iron sights, and for deer or bigger there are a few I like, all bolt actions and scoped.

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”