Ken Duncan (Dalton Creek Kennels)

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Treedog/Boone
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Ken Duncan (Dalton Creek Kennels)

Postby Treedog/Boone » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:49 pm

I watch everybody post on here their fine hounds out of different lines, some good looking hounds. Duncan has been producing some fine hounds for more than several years starting with his foundation dog "Fireball" which he purchased in the late 70's and was out of Nite CH Gentleman Jim x Jone's Southern Dixie (Gentleman Jim himself had a huge impact on the B&T breed as we know it today). I want to see pics of Duncan hounds biggame, coon, or if you just shower with them. Also what cross did they come out of. I know Duncan has used out cross's, Hicks, Smithhurst, Donlovey, ect... What out cross's or cross did you like the best and why?

Heres a few pics of Ol' "Fireball" back in the day getting it done. Pics are courtesy of Ken Duncan, I dont know the exact dates of all the pics but Ken would be happy to tell you when they were taken. For you guys that dont know "Fireball" was almost 2 when Ken purchased him and was a sure enough coon dog.

4-LEAF Kennels
Greg Cover
801-652-2997
Brady Davis
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Ken Duncan (Dalton Creek Kennels)

Postby Brady Davis » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Made a post awhile back but there are my two Duncan dogs. They are just puppies now but they are Smokey on top and Emmy on bottom. I had a dog about 10 years ago that Ken sold me. Had Three TIme Albert breeding on top but I don't remember the female. I will find out. Ken told me when I picked up these two pups that Emmy was a colder nosed dog than the mother of my last one. My last one was a good dog so I'm excited for these two.

Duncan is a stellar guy and he breeds hounds that hunt and LOOK like HOUNDS!! I HATE short eared, squall mouthed dogs....don't care how well they hunt. I like houndy hounds.

These two dogs, Cain & Diesel should be good ones....we'll see
Treedog/Boone
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Treedog/Boone » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:21 am

Heres a couple pics of my Ol' Boone dog. He was out of CH FCH 'PR' DUNCANS BLACK CANYON BOW x 'PR' TALLY MOUNTAIN DIXIE

CH GRNITECH 'PR' COVER'S DALTON CREEK BOONE

Boone is on the left with Bull in the middle and Mrs. Boone(she showed Fireball two times on her top line in her 3 generation pedigree) on the right all Duncan Bred Hounds
4-LEAF Kennels
Greg Cover
801-652-2997
Kevin D
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Kevin D » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 am

Here is a grandson of Fireball taken under his last lion tree when the dog was 15 years old. He is old and gray in this photo, but he looks so much like Fireball in the bottom photo of the initial post that I did a double take when I saw it. He was my lead dog all through the 90's and the cat trees we shared together would literally number into the hundreds. He was by far the best cat dog I ever owned.

CDH
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby CDH » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Here is a couple of mine.
This is my Bo dog which is out of BowXRuby

My Bo dog out of BowXRuby and My Raven dog out of SkeeterXCricket

This is Raven and a female named Scooby who is out of Kens dogs to.
Last edited by CDH on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WCH CH PR HEALEYS SPRING CREEK TUFF
Rigdogs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Rigdogs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:03 am

These are some pictures of my dogs from Ken's kennel.

My sister inlaw Sadie, Dixie, and Badger with a spring bear (Skeeter/Cricket & Skeeter/Jill)

My wife, Amanda & Harley (Skeeter/Cricket)

Amanda's first cougar with Cheyenne, Dixie and Badger (Bo/Sue, Skeeter/Cricket, Skeeter/Jill)

Me and Missie treed on a big fall bear (Bo/Zoie)

Baby Ike (Mingo/Shadow) - Now 9 months old but already treed two tom cougars
As long as they're out there's still a chance!
Rico
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Rico » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks for the pictures and good looking dogs.
Treedog/Boone
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Treedog/Boone » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 am

Heres Skeeter (Buck x Mandy) one hell of a rig dog all around biggame dog.

Bourbon (Skeeter x Cricket)

Shadow (Skeeter x Cricket)

4-LEAF Kennels
Greg Cover
801-652-2997
Black&TanMan1
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Black&TanMan1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:56 am

Here's a couple of males that have Fireball up to 11 times in there 7 generation Pedigree's.

Treedog/Boone
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Treedog/Boone » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 am

B&Tman what cross's did they come out of?

Good looking hounds guys keepem coming :P
4-LEAF Kennels
Greg Cover
801-652-2997
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Tried one about 10 or 12 yrs. ago great looking hound. culled at 2yrs old. I wanted him to make it. that is why I waited till 2yrs old not sure what cross

Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
Black&TanMan1
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Black&TanMan1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 am

None of them are out of Ken's Kennels directly, but if your familiar with the dog he got from Chad that he called Tobey. One is a litter mate to Tobey, another a full brother from a different litter. The other one is Out of Tobey's father Boone and Tobey's Grandmother Abby on his Dam's side, if that makes any sense. Ive never bought a dog directly from Ken but have had a few that came from his kennels. I just started talking with Ken a few months ago and really enjoy visiting with him and he is so helpfull. It amazes me how much he remembers and knows about these Black dogs.
Dan V
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Dan V » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Here are some pics of Bob (Smokey Hollow Jim X Shasta)
Attachments
Bob's Kitty.JPG
Bob's first lion
Bear Tree 3.JPG
Here is Bob with a bear treed
Bayed Up.JPG
This is Bob and the Walker Dog was Hank owned by Mike Domer. Sorry about the poor quality on the photo, it was from back in my 35 mm days and I scanned the photo in and it was a little bit grainy
catdogs
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100001341185120

Postby catdogs » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Heres Lace at a year and 4 months old treeing on a lion (Toby x Wendy)

Once you go black, you'll never go back! Duncan big game Black and Tans.
Treedog/Boone
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Treedog/Boone » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Kevin D, he is a spitting image of Fireball. You runnin any black dogs now?

B&Tman I know the lines your talking about hearing a lot of good things about your guy's line of Duncan hounds your breeding up that way. Ken is a heck of a guy and a fountain of info when it comes to the black dogs. He is as classy as they come true gentlemen stands behind his hounds. Yes it is amazing that he can remember about all the different dogs that he has bred and passed on in the last 40 plus years. I enjoy going up to visit for a few and it turns into a half day outing or when we talk on the phone it turns into a couple hour conversation going over his old lines and cross's hes made over the years and never go over the same stuff that we have talked about before. I am honored to know Ken as a friend and to have gotten the oportunity to spend countless hours visiting and hunting with him and look forward to many more years.

Rigdogs your Missie hound is packed with some of Duncans old stuff. She would cross good with a couple of Kens dogs and theres a couple of Duncan hounds up in MT that she would cross good too. I had Zoei here for a few of years and a male pup out of her. She was a heck of a cat dog tree coons all nite and picked up the rigging and bear hunting with ease. She hadnt been on bear much till I got her and truned into a fine bear dog, she made every tree I dumped her on. I liked her determination and heart and she passed it to her pup, plus being a big houndy female and fun to be around.

Dan v and catdogs good looking hounds and nice pics.

Jeff it is to bad about your luck and is an unfortunate thing in all hounds. I wish I could say all my hounds I have ever owned were world beaters. LOL Thats one of the main things that I really admire about Ken is his pup garauntee of one year. My first Duncan hound Boone was cull that was originally sold to a high flootin tootin cat hunter out of the basin area. Said he wouldnt tree, scared of his owne shadow ect... Ken took him back and worked him a little I took a liking to him and started working him up at Ken's place a few months later took him home. He was 6 months old when Ken got him back and 8 months old when I took him home. He turned out to be a decent hound once I got him to get over what he had been through, I by know means knew what I was doing and still dont. LOL Yes you gave your hound plenty of time 2 years, you should of taken him back up to Ken. I have seen him honor quite a few different situations. You running any black dogs now if not you should call Ken. :wink:
4-LEAF Kennels
Greg Cover
801-652-2997

Return to “Black and Tan Coonhounds”