Best Cameron's?

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
blue cheese

Best Cameron's?

Postby blue cheese » Tue May 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Just wondering who ya'll would recommend getting a Cameron dog from? I know of Del and Steve Phips and Harrell. Is any one of em better for bear than the other? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
JoeJones252
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Best Cameron's?

Postby JoeJones252 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 am

I've got two from Bret Westphal out of Montana he has a lot of Jim harrels blood. My little male has a ton of nerve he tried a sow recently but chewed a little too much and took a whooping lol he is ready for more... so far he is making a pretty dang good dog. Just in my experiences with the two I've had they were not as early starting as I assumed but that may have just been fluke pups who knows? I say the magic number for them is a yo. I would probably pick between Phipps or Bret Westphal
jumpin bear
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby jumpin bear » Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 am

There are several guys from around Wis that have lots of Cameron blood in their bear packs. At least this way you could go with them and watch them hunt to see if they are what you are looking for. biggest thing, is to see if they catch game or just talk game.
blue cheese

Postby blue cheese » Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
bluedog56

Postby bluedog56 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Blue Cheese,

Jtg on here has the "Good one's"

Pete
luvdemhounds71

Postby luvdemhounds71 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

I bought a pup from Steve Phipps and it should be arriving in the next week or two. I chose CCB because I herd a lot of good things about his dogs. Steve is a good guy and will answer any questions you have. This will be my first Blue dog so I will see what happens. There are a lot of guys who good dogs out there so do your home work and then listen to your first instinct and go with that.
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 am

A good breeder does not have to use someone else’s name to promote his hounds. His name and his hounds will do the talking. Mr. Cameron is a master at breeding Blueticks and without knowing his methods within a generations all is lost. Insomuch it comes down to what each individual does with the hounds after he gets them. If several men all bought hounds that were full brothers and sisters, within a generation they would all be radically different. It’s up to the man, his eye for hounds, his ideas, and how he chooses each mating. In regards to this, the matings that were made in previous generations are of infinitely greater importance to determine what traits and qualities the current litter will have.
Like a doctor once told me when I asked about generic medicine being the same as the name brand. He asked me is a Rolex the same as a fake one? I said this before and I will repeat it again. When it comes to breeding hounds it will be hard to beat Del Cameron and he is a good honest man.

JTG
sdakotatough
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby sdakotatough » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:57 pm

i prefer del cameron. i have a male who is a slash and dolly cross and a female who is slash and dixie. awesome dogs. i am going to cross them this spring 2014. papered. give ma acall if u are looking for quality camerons. both mine are proven bear, lion , coon dogs. 605-490-0873
travis

Postby travis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Scott Young (Rocky Mountain Blueticks) has some top Cameron blooded hounds. My advice - don't look for a particular bloodline or breed and instead look for hounds from someone who hunts for a living (not part time) first and breeds 2nd.
Also keep in mind that the best houndsmen in the business don't have time for books or the internet so your not likely going to find out about them online easily. They are busy hunting or fixing the shit they broke or wore out while hunting.
gritty

Postby gritty » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 am

There is slot of truth to be said by many on here. some of the big named people strike with there own lines. I personally like the looks of Dela dogs, but on the other hand have spoke with Him and Steven on many occasions. VEry knowledgeable. Steve told me I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE A PACK OF CAMERON DOG . I said yes he said I know you have had some rough road and had to sell.some dogs . Yes. I know you put your dogs in the woods n hunt the pass off en. I said yes, he said if decide someday to start a Cameron line of your own, Put your name in front of them and start your own line of camerons. The dogs will make your name. So U a there is slot of truth to be said. I have owned cameraman for 6 years though before I had a litter of pups I wanted to know the ins and outs of the breeding put into the Camerons. I know it will be a long road but I and my family hunt hunt hunt. Our pups will make us known in he woods in the future. I am not trying to take anymore business here just thought I would tell a little piece of my story. I look up to Steve For hat he has produced and out of all of hem h is the most nicest guy. He gave me alot of hope for he future.
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:14 pm

lion chasers

Postby lion chasers » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Phippsbiggamehounds.com
crazycascadeblueticks.com
:wink:

Return to “Bluetick Coonhounds”