Two Bluetick Litters Coming

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Two Bluetick Litters Coming

Postby Gary Roberson » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:11 pm

With a little luck, Eddie Moore and I will have two litters of pups in late July to early August. These are mating of my males to my females that has been planned for several years. They are not competition dogs as they will be dry land, cold nosed hounds with above average intelligence, athletic and very good confirmation. I hunt them on coon, bobcat and lion and feel that they are best suited for the Southwestern USA.
I am not sure how many pups if any will be offered for sale as most are already committed to hunting buddies and Eddie and I are planning to keep at least four. I will know more in a couple of months.
Adios,
Gary
bigskybowhunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Two Bluetick Litters Coming

Postby bigskybowhunter » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Hey Gary,

Are you planning on putting names on a list in the future or wait till after all have been born before you make a plan? Thanks josh
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Josh,
Since I these two females have never been bred and not sure how many pups I will raise, I hate to make any promises. I will say that between Eddie and myself, we are planning to keep four. I do not breed many females as I am not in the business of selling dogs and most of these pups are going to hunting buddies across West Texas and New Mexico. PM me your contact information and if any pups are available, I will give you a call.
These pups are heavy Smokey River JBS Chief, Clear River Diamond Jim and Upson's Blue Boy II with the balance more Smokey River.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
houndogger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby houndogger » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:11 am

Very interested in two females. Tryed pming you months ago no reply.

Thxs Dave
If your going to find tracks you better make tracks!
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Got your email. Sorry I did not PM you back, I have been swamped with hunting and trying to sell a few calls. Let me know if you did not get the information to you.
Thanks,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 am

Jill had 11 puppies yesterday. Not sure of the sex count looks like one runt but he has great color and a male so I will try to raise him. She is a GREAT mother and doing a super job with the pups. Now if I can just get her to eat and drink a lot of water.
Adios,
Gary
houndogger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby houndogger » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Good news Gary!
If your going to find tracks you better make tracks!
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby tman308 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:58 am

Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:31 pm

I lost the two runts so down to 9 big, strong, healthy pups. 5 males and 4 females. Good news is that she looks like she will raise all 9 as she is the very best mother I have seen. Bad news is that between myself and hunting buddies, we need at least 10 just to satisfy our needs. I sure hope that Lacey can come with at least 8 healthy pups so that we will have a few to sale and pay some of the expenses.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Lacey had 9 pups, 5 males and 4 females. Lacey goes back to Jet 8, Clear River Diamond Jim and heavy Smokey River. I bred her to my Jack dog that should niche really well as he is strong Cl. River Diamond Jim and Smokey River JBS Chief along with a strong dose of Upson's Blue Boy II. Jack is a full brother to Jill.
I purchase Lacey from Robert and Melanie Hittson who have been breeding blues for over 40 years and have at least 30 mature blues in the kennels at all times. I was able to purchase her because she was open ticked. Robert and Melanie told me that she was the most athletic bluetick that they had ever seen. I bought her when she was about 8 months old and began hunting her immediately. She has a cold nose, climbs like a squirrel, quick and fast on track but gives a little too much mouth on a bad track. He hunting style is the same as a big running English Pointer and goes, goes, goes. She weighs about 40 pounds. I have hunted her on coons and bobcats and plan to hunt her on lions this winter.
At last count, I had 14 guys wanting pups. If we can raise the 18, should have a couple more to sell.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Guys, I am having computer problems as I can't seem to reply to your PM's. Just email me at gary@burnhambrothers.com and we will visit. I may have transportation going back north as far as Dillon, MT as Larry Anderson may be coming down to pick up a pup and visit a few days. The hauling sure would help pay some of the travel expenses.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:53 pm

MTbluetick, I will have a pup for you. Give me an email at gary@burnhambrothers.com.
Thanks,
Gary
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Made the 100+ mile trip up to Eddie Moore's yesterday and hauled him Jack. He wants Jack to help train Yuma, the gyp I picked up in South Texas a couple of weeks ago.
I had the opportunity to see Lacey's nine puppies which will be three weeks on Wednesday. The pups are doing great but really pulling little Lacey down. Lacey is very light colored and Jack is about medium, surprisingly, most of the pups are open ticked and very light in color. All have the black heads with the classic dark tan markings and black spots scattered around but I don't see the blue skin on all the pups. I have never been one to breed for color so I guess it is okay with me and most of my hunting buddies. I am sure some of the old time breeders will not like the color on some. I have been accused of breeding running walker into these dogs but I promise that is not the case, they are going back to the Spur dog and old Smokey River Diamond Jim that is so prominent in these pups.
Adios,
Gary
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby 1bludawg » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Gary I have a light colored pup(12 mos old ) that is heavy in Diamond Jim blood.Some people think because of the color and the way they can burn a cat track or anything else for that matter they must have walker in them .DNA profiling proves that to be false.They are 100% bluetick.Your pups should make some fine hounds .
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks, and I have DNA profiled several of these dogs. Yes, these pups should be excellent hounds and I will be disappointed if they don't pick up their heads and really blister a jumped track, probably a deer or coyote.
Adios,
Gary

Return to “Bluetick Coonhounds”