oney bred hounds

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

oney bred hounds

Postby Gary Gentry » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:27 am

Was wondering how many of you hunted this line of hounds?
Gary Gentry

NORTHERN LIGHTS ENGLISH KENNELS HOME OF:
GRCH 'PR' ONEY'S INDIAN CREEK BIG ECHO (GRNITECH PR ONEY'S OUTBACK DAN X PR ONEY'S PEARL)
PR NORTHERN LIGHTS OAKWOODS AMME (GRNITECH MAIN STREET JACK X GRNITECH OAKWOOD'S EMMA
PR NORTHERN LIGHTS OAKWOODS DUTCHESS(GRNITECH BALLARDS HARDTIME BLADE X NITECH OAKWOOD'S SALLY)
PR NORTHERN LIGHTS BLUE YETI (GRNITECH MAIN STREET DINO X NITECH HARDTIME RUBY)
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: oney bred hounds

Postby cobalt » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:55 am

I had a dog out of Oney's King and Perk's Northern Cujo. Medium speed was his only fault. That dog was under as many coon, cat, bear and lion trees all by himself as any dog I've ever met. Cold nosed in any conditions, relentless on a bear on the ground, rig dog deluxe, top notch tree dog and as easy a temprament as you could hope for. Berton Oney is a class act and a real dog breeder.

PR' Williams' Boomer
Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Gary Gentry » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:12 pm

dose any one no anything about any of the oney dogs in this ped. I noticed that was of them have only had a few litters so there ant going to be alot out there but any help coud be usefull thank you.
Gary Gentry

GRCH 'PR' ONEY'S INDIAN CREEK BIG ECHO (GRNITECH PR ONEY'S OUTBACK DAN X PR ONEY'S PEARL)
PR NORTHERN LIGHTS OAKWOODS AMME (GRNITECH MAIN STREET JACK X GRNITECH OAKWOOD'S EMMA
PR NORTHERN LIGHTS OAKWOODS DUTCHESS(GRNITECH BALLARDS HARDTIME BLADE X NITECH OAKWOOD'S SALLY)
Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Gary Gentry » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Gary Gentry

Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Gary Gentry » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I tried to make it bigger, but if you click on it it should get a little bigger dose on my end any way.
Gary Gentry

Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Gary Gentry » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:31 pm

cobalt is that him in the picture? ether way that is a nice looking hound. who dose king go back to? I am going to get the 7 gen ped. on mine I would like to learn more about this line of hounds so if any one could help fill free to kip in.
Gary Gentry

cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:10 am

My opinion of the ped you posted is those are high class dogs...all of them, and it would be a good bet that they will probably perform well on any game. I don't have the papers on Boomer any more, but he was linebred Oney stock with lots of Wilcox blood(Thunder Bingo and J.R., etc.), Dickey's old Sandy, Bates Cash(I think) and Turkey Ridge Racket. I would call Mr. Oney or Larry Wilcox. They will tell you all you need to know and more. Look up Oney's Outback Kennels. I currently run all bluetick, but if I were to look to English dogs, I would look there or the Lightfoot dogs for an all around dog. Good luck. Here are more pics of Boomer.

Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Gary Gentry » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:12 pm

I can not find a web sight or number for them someone gave me a number over on the ukc sight but I have never got a answer when I call. did another web search found out that dan my dogs sire placed 13th in the world hunt and 5th in english days this year and that he is only a three year old? dose any one know how to get ahold of scott or burt oney?
Gary Gentry

oregonblues
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oregonblues » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:15 pm

I have had 2 dogs one was 1/2 camron 1/2 oney he was hands down the best dog i have ever had and now i have 3/4 oney 1/4 camron and for her nose i would hunt her with the best i have never seen an oney dog that did not hunt well
it all about the dogs
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Scott or Bert Oney......419-752-0035 or 419-752-5351.
If you can't get ahold of them, I would call Larry Wilcox or Charles Garris
Larry........269-674-3787 or cell 269-808-1516
Charles.....419-768-2608
They might know how to get ahold of the Oney's.
Gary Gentry
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Gary Gentry » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm

thanks
Gary Gentry

Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Postby Mr.pacojack » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:05 am

Year ago when I ran english dogs. I had 2 of them that were out of Kentucky Kojack. Like Colbalt said they were not fast dogs but very good nose and tree dog deluxe. They were track to track type dogs, very nice rig dogs. Would hang with a mean bear and two of my favorite bobcat dogs. They were not the first dogs to the tree but they were always there and if they young dogs got hung up they would figure it out for them. I bred them on some heavey Hardtime Speck dogs and those dogs rocked.
LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
lazy A
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby lazy A » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:25 pm

I know this post is old but do u still run oney's blood I have two hounds out of him I have "PR" oney's pearl and her pup out of out back dan how are your hounds pearl and her son ace are coon machines haven't had them on much more hopefully some bears next month

Return to “English Coonhounds”