Hardtime Blood line

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Re: Hardtime Blood line

Postby Mr.pacojack » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:10 am

LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Willy do you get Coonhound Bloodlines if not get the July Issue that just hit. This is not a words of Richard Moore they are facts of what Rocky produced (5 pages) of winners since he was born 28 years ago. I don't go by who said what, I buy, raise dogs for my self 1st.
Rocky is featured by the UKC as a lengend not only for what he did in the hunts but as a PRODUCER. Pages 26 through 30 tell of how many World Class dogs Rocky produced...maby you bought pups off some bad females and that's why you don't like him, but there is 5 pages with pictures and what crosses made him a legend of then and now.
I'm not a kid that just started this sport as i've been raising coondawgs all my life.
Have a good day.
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:59 pm

QuoteFrom Willy: No harm meant in any of the above, and I hope none taken.

Quote From Dee: I'm not a kid that just started this sport as i've been raising coondawgs all my life.
Have a good day.

Well, I am green as grass and just getting started at all of this. But here is my take. There is no doubt that there have been winners produced out of Rocky. But to make the statement that it's all about Rocky as apparently coonhound bloodlines is. Without knowing what the breeder that owned the bitches was breeding toward. I believe is delusional. But being as green as grass as I am, the Big Game Houndsmen Site, Coon Hound Bloodlines, and others. Are normally what I use for my basis for a sound breeding program. U.K.C. is another fine source to base a sound breeding program on. As I am sure there are no monetary ambitions at all at that establishment. And I am sure they probably did not show the P.A.D. letting the public know how many pups were sired and how many actually accomplished anything in their multiple page story, as more than likely it would've shot the whole story to hell.

For the record, I have never hunted with a pup out of Rocky in my life. However as stated in the above. I have hunted with Rocky on several occasions, and most of the others above on more than several occasions.

As far as people being inducted into Hall of Fame. I would also inform you. Mr. Ed Bates and I walked out of the AKC world championship the year Spare Time Spanky won the hunt. And have never put another dog on the ground since at a night hunt. With all of your worldly experience I am sure you know the reason. Now after almost 20 years I spoke to Mr. Ed approximately 3 months ago and he informed me that they had to actually hunt him down to come to the ceremony when he was inducted to the English Breeders Hall of Fame. Now Ed accomplished this with out promoting himself, and politicly smooching up to anyone he thought would spring him to the top. Unlike others!

Hard to believe a simple question from a kid that just got out of the service would generate so much intrest. Trapper i guess you know by now with a little work your pup may turn into a truly special hound.

Take care, Willy
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:43 pm

And I am sure they probably did not show the P.A.D. letting the public know how many pups were sired and how many actually accomplished anything in their multiple page story, as more than likely it would've shot the whole story to hell.

Actually they did 653 pups 30 grandnights 53 night champions 8 grand champions 14 champions and grand water champion.
Rocky was breed to anything in the beginning and only after winning the Purina Race in 1988 that Richard started selective breeding. There are more champions to come through semen but those pups will only go to big time competion hunters at a healty price. I know where a Grandnight female out of Rocky is for $7,500.00
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
walkerscan
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby walkerscan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 am

wow i like that post Man laid it rite on the line and to the point.
hammerinit
Facebook ID: 0

Postby hammerinit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:05 pm

I own hardtime hounds thru the 80"s they where used mostly for big game hunting never seen a better breed on bear or cat in my life. I also owned gr Nit ch McDonalds hardtime Gun he won three first place win to make nit ch at 13 months old with a piss poor handler (that be me lol) I had never ran a dog in a hunt so it was all him. He also placed at the grand america
hammerinit
Facebook ID: 0

Postby hammerinit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:22 pm

I know what your talking about when you say speed ran Hardtime hound on bear for many years and own a coonhound by the name of McDonald gr nt ch Gun sold him to ED (Bates) back in the 80's some of my hardtime hounds where on the cover of America cooner in april 1988 a long time ago lol treed many a bear with these dog's, great hounds
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty

Return to “English Coonhounds”