Hardtime Blood line

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
easttntrapper
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hardtime Blood line

Postby easttntrapper » Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 pm

I got a 8 month old english With hardtime and woodstock blood. I seen in another thread info on woodstock. I was wondering about the hardtime blood
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Hardtime Blood line

Postby slowandeasy » Mon May 07, 2012 12:03 am

what dogs are in the pedigree?
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Mon May 07, 2012 1:44 am

......................................GRNTCH SMITH'S HARDTIME ROCKY
.............................GRNTCH PR MOORES HARDTIME ROCKY AGAIN
......................................CH GRNTCH PR LICKITY-SPLIT LEAH
......................PR' DEE'S HARDTIME ROCKY - WA ST CHAMPION THIS YEAR
......................................GRNTCH PR HARDTIME SWAMP CAT
.............................GRNTCH PR MOORE'S HARDTIME ROCK ANNA II
......................................GRNTCH PR MOORES HARTIME ROCK ANNA

I own this male...don't think you can get more Hardtime than this so what would you like to know about this line of dogs?
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
easttntrapper
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby easttntrapper » Mon May 07, 2012 10:43 am

Just wondering the traits seen by most in this bloodline. I havent got my copy of the pedigree back yet so I dont know the individual dogs yet.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Mon May 07, 2012 12:51 pm

trapper, who did ya get the pup from?
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 am

WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
easttntrapper
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby easttntrapper » Thu May 10, 2012 4:42 am

Brian Markland is who I bought her from.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 pm

trapper, sorry for all the questions. i just thought you might have run into some one i may have known, that posibly line bred some of that and kept it alive. as far as the type hound that came from ol speck. i feel that four hounds in the english breed left an impact on the english breed that will be talked about for ever. they are HARDTIME SPECK, BOYDS LITTLE JOE, DICKEYS OLD JUNIOR, AND MEEKS JOHN. it was a pleasure knowing the above, and their owners. and being a partner of the john dog. the right kind of dogs out of speck. were the type that at the world hunt. where top houndsmen are asked to judge. were capable of running a track so fast that with about one minute left in the hunt. and have time run out with a hound running full tilt in a corn feild coming toward a tree line. have made a judge say you are not getting away letting time run out on a deer run! we will stay here, and when they bust out of the corn if it is a deer we will minus your dog, and if it trees in the tree line we will plus him on the score card. now the judges picked to judge at the world hunt are not weekend wariors. they have a good idea what a deer run sounds like. now when the hound came out of the corn the coon never made it to the tree line. it was caught on the ground. that is the type of blistering track speed they were capable of. they could make an experianced houndsmen think they were hearing a deer run. i know this to be true for i was the owner and handler pulling the strings on the hound by the name of HARDTIME ROD who was a fair hound in his own right. now you have to remember all of the above hounds have been dead for thirty to forty years. and it would be hard unless ya found someone that linebred the right ones. for them to have much influance on pups of today. but there will be plenty still trying to ride their coat tails probly for years to come. take care and good luck with yours!
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Sat May 12, 2012 1:03 am

I know this this; these hounds are not slow and easy hounds and have the hunt. My saying is don't turn loose unless your ready to go walking to a coon in the tree.
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
easttntrapper
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby easttntrapper » Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 am

Thanx for all the info guys! Really excited about how this hound turns out.
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Postby Mr.pacojack » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 pm

LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:17 pm

The Blood of Rocky
--------- Ferguson's Mountain Red
---- NITECH Riffe's Sandycreek Rock
--------- Dan River Bell

GRNITECH Smith's Hardtime Rocky 1988 Purina Champion

--------- GRNITECH Hayes' Hard Time Speck World Champion
- --NITECH Riffe's Hardtime Sally
---- -----NITECH Barnes' Dan RI. Spotina

As you can see Rocky was a grandson of Hardtime Speck...the Junior bred dogs were bred in my backyard by R.F. Dickey in Franklin, AL...R.F. had Blue Boy II, Blue Boy Red, Evans Red Joe and Dickeys old Sandy. We never hunted papered dogs and when we needed pups we would go a bred to the dogs mentioned and make deer dogs out of them.
Just recently I sold a semen pup out of Evans Red Joe and a Lightfoot bitch that has made a top notch big game hound and he's now owned by a bear hunter over in Idaho.
Boyds Little Joe was a product of a mutt and a bluetick they say but have also heard stories that he was a half redbone and half Bluetick but will never know.
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Postby Mr.pacojack » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 pm

I know what Rocky was out of. He was out of some Dang nice dogs but they were reproducers and Rocky was not, in my oppinion. Sure had alot of pups out of him and they were all culled.
LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 pm

I've had a few myself but mine all turned out but one. The winner at Engish days this Year was a pup that shows Hardtime Rocky 3 times in his 3 generation pedigree... what was inpressive he beat out 300 plus dogs on Friday Night and also Saturday Night at 12 months and 2 days old.
The World Champion coon dog Wilcox's Top Gun is Rocky bred on the bottom, Larry is a future Hall of Famer and he finally bred to a Rocky bred hound and produced a World Champion.
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:02 am

Thanks Devin, it was nice hearing from you. And by the way, that little Haylee is about as pretty little thing as I have ever seen.

As far as the dogs in question. I have tried to explain to people on this site about track speed in tree dogs. And I sure won't go out on a limb and say you are the only one that understands what I am talking about. But you are probably in a damn small circle. As not only did you see some firsthand. But the only thing that I have ever seen that was in that category was the woman dog that you owned, and I also got to see.

What at times aggravates me on this site, is to hear everybody talk about all of these dogs. And when they come across someone that is been in the woods with them. They try and tell you how it was. As far as the above dogs, with the exception of smiley(Rod) all of them are in the English Hall of Fame. You could probably add Karsners Tina to the above list who is also in English Hall of Fame. As far as Boyds little Joe goes, if he was half Chihuahua you could fill my kennel with as many as you could bring.

Dee, I do not know you. And no matter how much smoke Richard fills you with. To put the Rocky dog in the same category as the above dogs is really quite pitiful. However it doesn't change the fact that whatever you doing your kennel. As far as culling and aiming for some of the above dogs is totally in your hands. Because as you say it definitely is available in that pedigree. But if you aim at Rocky you will probably come up with an empty sack. He was a Coon hound but in no way shape or form was he in the category of any of the above. And no matter how much more dead Rocky gets he will never get any better than he was alive. And the dogs above were good when they were alive, and didn't need their owners to tell everyone. Anyone that knew a dog already knew.

Before you tell me, oh he won the Purina point hound of the year. So did hardwood Dan, would that put him in the same category as Bozo? I think not. What it takes to win the Purina high point hound is money and a Coon hound. Emphasis on money, enough of it to be able to make every hunt that awards points. While the average Hunter only is able to make a few. Sounds like a really big deal when you print it in the magazine. But in reality is only an advertising gimmick for Purina, and the wealthy owner of the hound that wins the award. No harm meant in any of the above, and I hope none taken. I just always told it like I see it, and I don't believe I missed too much.

Take care, Willy

Return to “English Coonhounds”