Plott or Not? Mountain Cur? Tennessee Brindle?

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
JGPT
Facebook ID: 0

Plott or Not? Mountain Cur? Tennessee Brindle?

Postby JGPT » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi Plott people,
I got a good little Plott dog, does what it needs to, but I don't actually know if she is all plott. How do you all tell a full plott?

She looks sort of like a plott but does not have webbed feet and her ears sort of hang but not real hound-like.

Again, great dog, does what she is supposed to and I am just curious.

Again how do you tell a plott from a brindle mountain cur or Tennessee brindle? It seems like there has been a lot of cross -breeding.

Thanks for feedback!
DirtyDave
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Plott or Not? Mountain Cur? Tennessee Brindle?

Postby DirtyDave » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:11 am

pictures?
slobberdoc
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 1534531216

Postby slobberdoc » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Post some pictures! Lots of Plotts are more like the old timey Plott Curs (they were curs before they were ever hounds) and are stockier, chop-mouthed and shorter eared. There has been a lot of cross breeding between the three breeds, but the TN treeing brindles are much less common. There are Plotts that look like mountain curs, and curs that look like Plotts.
JGPT

Postby JGPT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks...she is lean and rangy, but not super big, but chop-mouthed...and both barks and sort of bays..I'll get some pictures but thanks for the info.
Ledabug
Facebook ID: 6782065898

Postby Ledabug » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:52 am

Any guess on this pup? He is a rescue. They said their guess was a collie hound mix but there are many types of Collies and hounds. I don't know much about hound so I've been researching. I was thinking maybe a plott or treeing Tennesse brindle but it's hard for me just to look at pictures since I'm not real familiar with the breeds. He does have webbed feet. After reading about the treeing Tennesse brindle the personality definitely sounds like a match. He's very friendly and sweet loves to cuddle he's also extremely smart after a week of training he can do sit and lie down flawlessly he can also do sit pretty and circles with guidance come here with a snap of the fingers and he'll bring himself front and center (if you have treats and he feels like it) he's also really sensitive don't dare scold him. And he's very courageous he wrestles a doberman 5 times his size will jump off of anything and will investigate things even when it's clear that he's scared or nervous. Any help on identifying his breed will be greatly appreciated. I plan on a DNA test but I know things like the treeing Tennesse brindle don't show up
Attachments
IMG_20180820_094934_400.jpg
DeerRunnerWolfSlayer
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DeerRunnerWolfSlayer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:38 am

Pitbull x Labrador Retriever
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby SASS » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:27 pm

If you're in Georgia I would guess Pitbull/Birddog cross. That is why it is brindle with ticked up feet. Just my guess knowing how many hog hunters use that cross there.

Return to “Plott Hounds”