Looking for Redbone Breeder

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
NorCalHunter
Facebook ID: 0

Looking for Redbone Breeder

Postby NorCalHunter » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:14 am

Very interested in getting a pair of redbone pups. I really don't know of any breeders but any information would be great. Good cold nosed hounds are what I am looking for. Thanks
kc
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:52 am

i know that i`m along way away, but i`ll be having a litter in mid march. my female is very cold nosed, and fast, the sire is one of the top redbones in the country banjo III. i`m also posting a link, so that you might be able to find someone closer to you from the ukc site. good luck.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay. ... forumid=15
HOME OF MCDONNELL`S REDBONES.

http://www.kcshounds.com/mcdonnells_redbones.php

WEBSITE.

http://www.kcshounds.com/index.php

HOME OF THE YOTE JUNKIES
bowhunter7
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bowhunter7 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:47 am

You should have some good redbones in your area, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Those old time Sierra dogs come to mind, but I think the old stuff has been watered down and have heard they are not what they used to be. Further east I know of a few:

T-Top Kennels in WI (No personal experience but have heard some good reports)

Cliff Ridge Line (Connie Gibson in NC), mostly bear bred redbones, not very well known and hard to get pups, but if I was dead set on bear dogs this is where I would start.

Timber Chopper in VA (Wayne Campbell), some bear bred. He actually has/had one of Connies' dogs at stud (Cliff Ridge Bingo).

The Coffman line in TN has been producing some good bear dogs from what I hear. I tried a couple of times to get some pups from them, but they didn't have anything at the time. They usually have an ad in Full Cry.

I will also give Roger Hall (Ragged Ridge Redbones) of Chilicothe OH. a plug here. I got a dog from him last year and he is the grittiest, meanest bear dog I have. He will stick all day and really puts the pressure on. He has no fear (not necessarily a good thing) and hates a bear. These dogs are put together well too, tight feet and look like little body builders. He's mainly breeding for coondogs, but they WILL do it on big game. He has a few dogs down in S. America running big cats and doing a great job of it as well.

Other info that may help is I've heard that dogs line bred around Hoffmeister Rusty Red and the old Timber Chopper stuff are producing good big game dogs. There may be others on here that are more informed than me. Maybe someone will chime in. Good luck as I had a hard time finding redbones specifically bred for big game. With all the competition and bench show dogs in the redbone world it's hard to get anyone to even sell you a dog unless it's going to be campained. Many will not even let you breed your female big game dogs to their champion stud.

Jim
NorCalHunter

Postby NorCalHunter » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:02 am

talkin redbones
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

REDBONE BREEDER

Postby talkin redbones » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm

CODY FANKHAUSER
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby CODY FANKHAUSER » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 pm

GIVE DAVE SAMUELS OUT OF SPRING BROOK WI A CALL. HE HAS A GREAT PACK OF HOUNDS. SOME BIG NAME REFERENCES.AND AS HONEST AS THE COME, I HAVE HUNTED WITH HIM AND HIS GROUP A COUPLE TIMES NO BS HE IS AS STRAIGHT AS THEY COME
Kevin Jackson
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Kevin Jackson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Montana Red Kennels - redbones that catch game and hold it until you get there.
(406) 564-3061

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy
Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy
Ch.'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci
'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 pm

cecil j.
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Looking for Redbone Breeder

Postby cecil j. » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:00 pm

snowy river black and tan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Timber chopper

Postby snowy river black and tan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Id rather be lucky than good!!!
Plott Proud
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Plott Proud » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm

My Buddy has a Timber Chopper Redbone that's about 2 years old AND IS TEARING UP THE BEAR WOODS!!! SLOBBERMOUTH TREE DOG!!!
Good Luck!!
Take it easy!

Irv Corbin ~ Rebel Pride Kennels
"Home of the Rebel Pride Plotts"
snowy river black and tan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Timber chopper dog

Postby snowy river black and tan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Here is that timber chopper dog that I started on bear last fall this pic is probaly his fith bear. Looks like hes been doing it a lot longer than that. Wayne Cambell ended up buying him from me at the end of my season.
Id rather be lucky than good!!!
three rivers catahoulas
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby three rivers catahoulas » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Thats not and easy breed to find here in California, ya dont see vary many of them around here, good luck though.
Chuck Ferrell & Devil Mt. Plott hounds
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 pm

I have had three of Tom Solberg's dogs and they're pretty good dogs. I only have two now, the other one got killed by the power company out here, but the two I have are doing the job. They are both out of Rabble Rouser and Dark Angel. I think my female may have been the runt, but she has a cold nose on her, she's not the best at the tree, but that's something I have been working on. She trees well when by herself, but not with her brother. My male, her brother is great. Fast as lightning great cool nose, but where he really shines is his intelligence and recovery on track. I think he learned that cuz he runs so fast he had to learn to go back and find the track that he lost. They both like to eat cats and give no mercy when they find em. Tom is a good guy and his dogs for the most part seem to live up to his breeding goals. I would advise you to find one locally so that you can pick the ones you want instead of someone else doing it for you, but you probably won't be disappointed with buying pups from him either. Good luck.
Shorty
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003782841530

Postby Shorty » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Return to “Redbone Coonhounds”