Have you guys/gals heard much about the Meyer's bloodline ?

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Blackheadedwalker
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Thanks for the info....

Postby Blackheadedwalker » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:24 pm

I'v been Kicking around the idea of Bringing one here,just to help a guy out.. I had not heard A WHOLE LOT about this blood that was consistant either Culls or Pricless lol.... Either Way, I guess Tim & His friend Bill from Mt. have had this blood for some time now and thay speek highly of them. Good Lookin from the Pics I'v seen..

~Nikki~
cecil j.
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Myeres whatrs his first name there was a darrell Mers

Postby cecil j. » Sun May 04, 2008 4:57 pm

mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 am

TOOK THE TIME IN OR AROUND THE LATE 70'S OR EARLY 80'S I DROVE TO SAND POINT AND MET DOUG,NICE GUY , LOOKED OVER HIS BAM BAM DOG , HE WAS BREEDING TO ANY FEMALE PROVEN OR OTHERWISE, STUD FEE OR TWO PUPS, WHILE I WAS THERE DOUG SHOWED ME A PITBULL HE BRED TO BAM BAM, THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED TO SEE, WENT HOME EMPTY HANDED, :roll:
Lonewolf
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Lonewolf » Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 pm

Had one male culled him
Kurt
Kate Walker

Postby Kate Walker » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:37 am

I have a grandson of Meyers Bam Bam. He is one of the best dogs i have ever owned or hunted with. He turned 11 of sept. 9. He will tree jis own bear, mnt.lion, and bobcat. Has a great nose and is not trashy at all. But is getting stubborn with old age. Has no bad habits. He is our strike dog. We have caught 100's of bears with him over the years. Just all around a good dog. Now he hangs out in the house.[ but he diserves it!] I am a big fan of the bloodline and would like to find a nother out of the line. Your dogs will be great.
DesertDweller
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby DesertDweller » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:55 am

Kate, is he a male that bryan got from wayne goodwin as a pup? Going back to boomerang and bam bam?
Kate Walker

Postby Kate Walker » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 am

Ya he is the dog. We looked at his pedigree last night. I sent you a pm to tell you more info. The dog is Bomber.
Hi Tech
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Have you guys/gals heard much about the Meyer's bloodline ?

Postby Hi Tech » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 am

I have owned 3. One was a cull. One was fast and made a good tree dog. The thrid I have bred down to a quater Meyers and the rest my stuff she does better than the other two. BUT they do not have the trailing ability that they say! That has been my expereince. Do more research if you are truly interested. Good Luck.
Hyatt's Creekside Kennels
See ya at the tree
kiekhofers_walkers

Postby kiekhofers_walkers » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:06 pm

I bought a female pup that the whole top side is meyers breeding and the bottom is part meyers and house breeding.. she started a lil slower but shes works a cat over pretty good in the cage. She'll be one around traing season for us, we'll see what she'll do
BUTCH

Postby BUTCH » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 pm

I HAD TWO OUT OF BAM BAM THE FIRST ONE I PAID FOR THE SECOND WAS A REPLACEMENT.
CULLED THEM BOTH.
hectorp
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hectorp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:30 pm

I bought three hounds from Doug Meyer.

The first one was in 1998, he was a son of Meyers Pee Wee Kowboy and Meyers Dottie. By accident I run over him, when he was 4 months old. Maybe that was the good one.

I call Doug after this accident, to send me another puppy but he didn´t send me a son of Pee Wee Cowboy, instead he send me a son of Meyers Big Horn and Meyer Chris. This one was a fast dog, gritty, hot to medium nose, sometimes he will slick tree. I put him two times after ocelote that I have seen half and hour before and he wasn´t able to run them. At seven years he die of spleen cancer.

The last one was a daughter of Meyers JJ and Meyer Princess, I cull her because she wouldn´t tree.

A good friend of mine, he was the one that recommend me dog Meyers dogs, bought two direct puppies from Pee Wee Cowboy and they were good dogs for lion down in Coahuila, Mexico.

Saludos y Buena Caza,
bearhntwi
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 623273062

Postby bearhntwi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 am

A buddy of mine bought a pup out of Bam Bam once,this was the dumbest dog i've ever seen,he called Doug,Doug said just give him some time,well my friend is way more patient than me,that said this same stupid dog turned into one of the best bear dogs i've seen.From cold trail to tree.

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”