Anyone interested in this cross

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Marshall
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Anyone interested in this cross

Postby Marshall » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:13 pm

These two dogs are dogs that i got from melanie hampton (outwesthounds). They both did very good for me this year on bobcats. I treed 15 bobs this winter with these two dogs and one older dog, the pups hunted the last two months by themselves catching 10 of the 15. I know that is not alot by most standards but they are young with huck the male being 7 months at the start of the season and gritty 1 1/2 and never hunted before this year. I dont count cats that were in rock piles or in trees that i could not see a cat in.

Huck is a smaller built male around 50 lbs. Fast, tough feet, med to cold nose and as gritty as they come,good cold trailer, great locating dog for his age, chop on track and a constant chop on tree. The only thing i personally dont like about the dog is he is a little barky on track. He wont bark unless he has the track but it is hard to judge how old the track is if he is the only one on it because he barks just as much on a cold track as a hot one.

Gritty is a smaller built female around 45-50 lbs. She is hell on a jumped cat (extremely fast). She has really turned it on as of late. The last few cats i caught she caught them way out in front and to be honest i thought she was trashing because she was flat movin out but thank god i ended up at trees :D . She has good tough feet, Loud raspy bawl on track and constant chop on tree, good locating dog as well. She has the scars to prove that she likes to get right in there and scrap with the best of em. I will often see this dog cold trail out ahead of others but silently and then you will see the other dogs fallow the same path. The one thing i would change is she is dead silent cold trailing and i wish she would open a bit more to let you know where she is.

Here are thier peds. Most people wont know alot of these dogs but some of us in oregon know the names. They go back to some of Terry Clearwaters stuff. Both of the dogs also ran one fox this year and did a great job on that as well. I ran it with a buddy of mine and we caught it within 400 yds of the strike. Im no fox expert but I hear its a hard critter to catch.

Gritty

Huck

Huck and Gritty
Spanky
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Anyone interested in this cross

Postby Spanky » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Those are some fine looking hounds....good luck with them.
Scott Sciaretta

Groom Creek Kennels
www.Hounddawgs.net
Cedar Creek Outfitters
www.Cedarcreekmt.com

Leave it in the tree if you want to run another day!!!

dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Good looking dogs and well bred. It sounds that they have gotten off to a good start. It should be a good cross. Only one problem with them..... They are not tied up at my house. Good luck with them. Dewey
Marshall
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Marshall » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks guys. I am going to be making this cross. She is not in full blown heat yet so wel see what happens. If i could afford to keep the entire litter i would. I started this year off with 6 dogs and ended the season with just these 2 if thats saying anything about them. I just gotta have more of em :D . Take care guys

Marshall
karliepotter101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby karliepotter101 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 pm

my number is 541-556-4851 what do u wont for pups
Marshall
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Marshall » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Karlie, I am sorry but i personally dont feel right selling a pup to you with all of the posts that you have made trying to get pups. I dont know you but i do know the activity on here that you have been doing and based on that alone i will not sell you a pup. You might be a great person, I dont know, but just for the simple fact that you have inquired about so many dogs and pups I just cant sell you one. Sorry

Marshall
CatDog
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby CatDog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm

culverz
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby culverz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Sounds like you might get something!! Wish I had some room to try one out but thats not gonna happen. good luck with um let us know how they turn out!!
karliepotter101
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby karliepotter101 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 pm

i ask about so many dogs because i lost some pups and old dogs and when catdog has pups i really dident have the money and i really wasent ready to get another pup and it dosnet hurt to ask peopel about there dogs i just turned 18 so im not a youth hunter anymore but all i wonted to know is what you wonted for your pups
Deppen1

Postby Deppen1 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:54 am

very interested please call
(530)340-0218

Thanks
Jason Deppen
Deppen1

Postby Deppen1 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Marshall,

I am VERY!! interested in these dogs Dan's Blue River Billie belonged to my uncle and Decon and Bohdi are out of his dogs as well. We have lost those blood lines do to my being sick and not breeding. Please let me know if you have any pups for sale.

Thanks
Jason Deppen
(530)340-0218

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”