opinions on lipper dogs

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
mtdoghunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

opinions on lipper dogs

Postby mtdoghunter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:44 pm

i just confimed with mr.hopkins on his breeding with lippers dr. law and southern midnight elly. Dr. law is a direct son on house's lipper and elly has got some stylish,nailor and sackett blood in her. I have reserved my 2 pups. was just curious on everybodys opinion on the lipper dogs they got alot of contraversy on the ukc site so i wanted to see whos loves em or hates em here and why.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: opinions on lipper dogs

Postby slowandeasy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:13 pm

mtdoghunter, it is a shame that there always is always much s--- talking about good breeders, that get thrown in with the high percentage of bums out there. when you put a hound before the public for stud and to sell pups out of him, you only have control over what gets bred in your own kennel. all the sorry trash people bring in your drive way to breed, trying to take advantage of your high powered hounds name to peddle their pups are completely out of your hands. but they will count as pups on the ground. so although the ukc pad is a viable tool it sometimes doesn't show the real picture. so when myself, joe house, and countless others hear the bad mouthing. we just smile because we have a very important set of records that have been kept. the in kennel records those are the records that truly make real breeders take up the hard chore of improving a breed. that being said joe has done as much for the walker breed than anyone that has walked behind one. so if you know what is behind the ones you are purchasing pay no attention to the loud mouths, because most have probably acomplished very little. good luck and have fun!
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
mtdoghunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby mtdoghunter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:40 pm

yes sir i agree. when i think of power house walkers there is 2 that stand out and one was long gone before i was ever born. the 2 dogs i think of are FINLEY RIVER CHIEF,and HOUSES LIPPER.I personally have owned dogs from both lines, and both turned out to be what i put into them. I did not have any bad to say about either one. Another blood line i also like is the nocturnal nailor line the one thing with them is there a bigger framed dog males typical go around 70-75 lbs (atleast the ones i have and have seen) but they are great tree and trail dogs with almost as big a mouth as the lipper line.
Oren
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Oren » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:45 am

Nailor's momma was out of Lipper. We have had Lipper bred dogs for years they work. Tom and Paul just bred a full sister to Doc to House' Jay. I personal like some Lipper big hunters, cold nosed, fast, big mouths and can drive a track.
davidg1!
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby davidg1! » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Cold nose, big mouth track drivers. I like them

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”