whitedeer preserve walkers ?

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
halfbreed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

whitedeer preserve walkers ?

Postby halfbreed » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:29 pm

anybody runnin any of these dogs from dr. burkett in texas ??
hattak at ofi pisa
cjohnson1178
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: whitedeer preserve walkers ?

Postby cjohnson1178 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:20 pm

No, but I saw his line of plotts on the cover of Full Cry a while back (March 2010.) The article was about a lion hunt in Idaho. I think he also promotes English. If I lived closer to Texas I wouldn't hesitate on getting me some of that Banjo/Loose Bruce blood he has. Hard to go wrong with that. Not sure how his Walkers hunt but they sure are good lookin, and got great peds. I think he also has a lot of Nailor and Rebel blood. I don't know about you but I think I could make a good hunting dog out of that stuff.
Gary Roberson
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Gary Roberson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I have not hunted any of his hounds but I have met Dr. Burkett and he is a nice man. He lives pretty close to me, perhaps 80 miles. His ranch is where the Hill Country Coonhunters Association holds their hunts. From what I understand, he has a lot of walkers and plotts on the ranch that he is breeding and if a youngster wants to get into hunting, will work with him.
He is good for our sport.
Adios,
Gary
halfbreed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby halfbreed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm

thanks for the reply guy's . i've met dr. burkett he dropped a plott dog off in waxahachie for a buddy of mine i met him for a bit . he was going to visit his daughter and drop of a couple dogs to her north of me so it worked out . my buddy got a plott dog off of him . i own it now pretty good hog dog . i was just wondering if any one was running the walkers . i'm fixin to quit messing with these damn hogs and go back to coon and cat huntin . them hogs has become a young mans game and i ain't young no mo lol he's got a purty litter of walkers on the ground now i'm thinking hard on gettin one . thanks again

Mr. Whitten
hattak at ofi pisa

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”