Nance Stud (SLASH)

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
nait hadya
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Nance Stud (SLASH)

Postby nait hadya » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm

cougar2
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cougar2 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:34 pm

I have seen where tree size does matter in locating, most of the time when I have had dogs not locating the right tree is when it's a taller tree than usual for our area and there are a lot of trees around, they know it's there but some just don't know which one, the best locators usually know which tree it is, but it can be a bit hard sometimes, just my experience.
Daniel Tremblay
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Daniel Tremblay » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 am

Jensen's Dott, Slash's Dame
Marshall
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Marshall » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 am

What is all that on the bottom side of that ped? Is slashes mom an outcross?
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Obviously Slash/s dam bit of an outcross? Was Dott hunted & what were her strong & weak points? The outcross blood in Dott has proven to be debatable some of the best blood in the treeing walker breed? How many hounds from the cross that produced Slash have turned out to be good balanced hounds? Surely all are not as good as Slash? In my opinion would be a shame if Slash is not tested to see if he can reproduce. I see some of the same names in Dott/s pedigree has was told to be in the Hawk hound pedigree. Respectful Al
bluedog4
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bluedog4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

We got two pups from the first cross between Topper again and Dot. Being a true and Blue Blueticker I had my doubts about getting a walker. I'm sure glad I got the one and my buddy got the other one. Very balanced dogs, not mean in any way, handle great and both tree like rock stars. Smart run to catch type dogs with great tree accuracy. I would say medium nosed.
Faults only a few (semi silent until the track heats up good or bad?) Not really that loud but loud enough on the tree (chop bark.) Tender footed compared to my other dogs, conditioning is a must or you will only get 2 or 3 days a week hunting out of them, and they don't handle the cold as well as our other hounds. Would we get another one You bet!
Bluedog
beardawg

Postby beardawg » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 pm

I have a half brother to Slash who went to his first bear tree at 11wks old , ran an treed the first yard lion at 3 months was shown ,he was on a bear on the ground that ended up ledged was a 5 mile walk run an bay up, was in the ledge hole with my 2 best dogs baying the bear my old dog got pounded up an lost his right eye this bear was rough so the pup has stick an grit this pup will rig a hot bear track, hard tree dog handles with out a leash an smoked the first bobcat he was on an caught the second he is not a year old!! So far i believe he has some potential
running walkers

Postby running walkers » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 am

These three dogs are littermates to Doty. The red head one was the first cross of Wille and Fanny the other two was from second litter which was Doty litter. They where tree on a bear. The black back dog had been swatted by the bear. there is blood running down her leg. I own the Tucker and Foxy dog.They like bear better then cats that how I ended up with. Dennis Cochrane is my uncle. I hunted with Fanny and Wille on bear in Wis and cats in Montana. Fanny was a good bear and cat dog, Wille was more of a cat dog. There was two litters out of that cross. Red head dog i like so good on bear I talk Dennis into make cross again. Faults with cross was if you didn't feed them you didn't catch them. They were running and treeing at 10 months old on bear and they didn't take much to get going. Scott
Todd Davis
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Todd Davis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:41 am

Beardawg,
Maybe i will bring slash out to Maine, see if we can make a bear dog out of him :wink: . Maybe someday we will be able to chase them in MT .
Good talking to ya the other day .

Todd
beardawg

Postby beardawg » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Here's Marosok's T/A Torque at 5 months old treeing on a bear this pup is a natural, Todd got alot of pic's an vids sent to him this past summer of dogs treed on bear before he ever rolled out of bed lol 2hours time difference .Good talking to you, you send whatever you want to Maine an i'll put the game to them this summer or next lol !!! Thanks Kirk
J.T.
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1231913077

Postby J.T. » Sun May 26, 2013 1:28 am

I am interested in a bobcat pup out of slash.
ONE_TON
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 1604360368

Slash offspring

Postby ONE_TON » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Here are 2 Slash pups. Their 19 months old. Great well balanced natural tree dogs. I got Zero at 10 months old, and like him so much I got his litter mate sister just a month ago and she is making leaps and strides. These 2 young dogs are a medium to cold nosed, that have great track speed and can really move a track in snow, bare ground and the rain. Zero has consistanlly stuck, trailed and treed his own lions on his own this winter. I can't not wear this dog out! His litter mate Lucky is following in the same direction as Zero, but just hasn't been exposed as much.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just thought I'd shear.

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”