Running dogs in washington

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
houndcrazy93
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000914143470

Running dogs in washington

Postby houndcrazy93 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:06 am

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys with running walker or julys or triggs. Live in washington. I am wondering because I want to see how fas they are. Im not asking to go hunting. Just watch it get roaded. And bring my walker. That I think is a pretty fast walker. And get a good comparisin betweem the two. So any help would be great. ,thanks

hound hunting isnt a sport, its a way of life
DC DOGGIN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Running dogs in washington

Postby DC DOGGIN » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 pm

being roaded and running a track are 2 totally different things keep that in mind, you can have a fst dog runnin down the road but in the woods may be slow gettin through the brush pushin the track ect . good luck also jmo
DRY CREEK KENNELS!!
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:04 pm

What they do on the road has nothing to do with there speed on running a track. My slowest dogs on the road are my fastest and my fastest on the road is my slowest on tracks. We have the running dogs because of the way they run a track. That is what makes them fast. Dewey
BEARCLAW
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BEARCLAW » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Im going to have to agree with dc and dewey. I had a plott female that could dang near out run me in the pickup. When it came to hunting she was just mediocre. I think track speed has to do with desire, brains, talent and physical ability. Where just a fast running dog has to do with physical ability. Whats been neat for me to witness is dogs that can track faster than others can run.

Return to “Running Dogs”