PINEDALE CLOWN. B

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
jake
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

PINEDALE CLOWN. B

Postby jake » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:54 am

I get the hunters horn mag. it looks to me like this CLOWN.B dog is like the HOUSES LIPPER. Of the fox hound runnin dog world. What can you all tell me about him? good bad ugly. May be a pic. Have never seen a pic of the dog. The horn duz not have a hole lot of good reading or info for hounds men or huntin. But i like the book any how. THANK YOU MUCH
thelineman
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: PINEDALE CLOWN. B

Postby thelineman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 pm

I had two littermate pups that went back to him some years ago. One was a good young dog before he got run over. The other one did not start as early as the other, but was a decent dog. Go to speeddogs.net and ask that question.
jake
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby jake » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:04 pm

THANK YOU
fox hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fox hunter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 am

i tried a couple on bears they didnt cut it
jake
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby jake » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 am

Thanks foxhunter. Hi there i have bin lookin at some of your old posts wood like to know witch liquor blood your full running dog was out of? I konw about. T ROY LIQUOR. STRAIGHT WHISKEY. BLACK PUMA PAUL. Wood be cool if you told a lil more about the running dogs you have or have had. Good and bad. By lookin at some of the posts in the bobcat forum and others. New guys may get the wrong idea about crossin running dogs to tree dogs. I fill like it takes a good hound on both sides. Have bin around vary lil run walkers and no julys. But have had or bin around triggs all my life. THANKS ALL
fox hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fox hunter » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:24 am

ranger went back to the old line liquer dogs got him from a fox hunter in georgia i didnt keep his papers the guy i got him from last name was haile the julys i have go back to greyboy and praire veiw cooper on both sides this stain consitantly trees and is gritty enough for bear had my female july tree a bob the other day buy her self the julys dont open on a cold track like a trigg or walker they are stingy with their mouth till they go to running and most have piss poor sqeeky mouths
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Google Pinedale Clown B, go to images, there are a couple nice picks of him when he was 8 years old or so. Big tall leggy tri color blanket back male. These were field trial bred hounds, not bred particularly for running and catching game, this stock did place alot in field trials.
The liquor bred dogs you mentioned (t-roy, straight whiskey, and puma paul) all are canoys ringo bred dogs, what most people consider 'liqour bred' the liqour breeding out of georgia that is bred to make good grey fox/cat dogs is considered 'burbon liqour' breeding and will not be found in most hounds advertised for stud. I had a buddy who owned puma paul for a while had him at stud, didnt hunt any of his pups personally but didnt like the ones my friend had either. I have had several of the burbon liqour bred hounds, all of which had sense, trailed well and treed their asses off when foxes climbed or went in a hole.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
henpeck
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

PINEDALE CLOWN. B

Postby henpeck » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Clown B was a rock star in the field trial world. He will go down in history as one of the greatest field trial hounds. I think he won his last field trial at the age of nine! That's unheard of!!! And as one of the top producing stud dogs. His offspring could do it inside or out. I have only two hounds left that have a touch of Clown in them. Both have been outstanding hounds for me. I also run some of the old liquor blood myself. Like the Hills/liquor crosses, real gamey with out standing mouths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tedsmith
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby tedsmith » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I have two young dogs that go back to clown b on there mommas side the male has not fell out of a bobcat race since he was 8 months old the female still has quite a bit of puppy in her wants to play more than I would like both have good speed pretty good mouths neither has been very trashy seem to be well balanced cat minded pups. There is a clay bred male. I have been very pleased with them so far.
Ted Smith
Snow walker
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Snow walker » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 am

Know this is a old post but if your still around.
I have a female running walker with quite a bit of Pine dale blood in her (pine dale clown, pine dale gus, and pine dale gunner with gus and clown bred back a few times). I run coyotes with her, she loads good, handles good, will jump her own coyote and run it, and doesn't back down from one either when bayed up, good speed and can run all day.. Hope I can find another with the same breeding again some day....

Return to “Running Dogs”