Jim Bob (RW)
Little Man (RW)
T-Bone (MUTT)
*beagle girl*
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby *beagle girl* » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:48 pm

i run mine on deer too, they also run rabbits, fox, and sometimes coyote, i do love deer and rabbit the best, its so fast pace and exciting, i have two beagles that i actually own but my uncle has a ton of beagles that either run deer or rabbit, theres one dog of his that i love, Levi, hes the daddy to my dog Thunderbolt, and i breed Levi to my girl Socks,(wich made Thunderbolt) a few times, Levi is a great rabbit dog, on average he jumps 4-6 rabbits each time by himself, now thats a pretty good huntin' dog
heres a pic of Thunderbolt, hes a great deer dog
its not were you come from, its were your going
shooter

Postby shooter » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:45 pm

I like to run my goodmans on yotes, and fox during the winter months here in ny.
Kester's Goodman Foxhound Kennel NY
(716) 983-7006
kc
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kc » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:22 pm

i like to run redbones on yotes in the winter, starting on bear this summer.

HOME OF MCDONNELL`S REDBONES.

http://www.kcshounds.com/mcdonnells_redbones.php

WEBSITE.

http://www.kcshounds.com/index.php

HOME OF THE YOTE JUNKIES
Walkerman101

Postby Walkerman101 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 pm

we run running walkers on yotes
COOTER
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby COOTER » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:46 am

Nitro

Postby Nitro » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:54 am

COOTER
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby COOTER » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:50 pm

Nitro are your Julys reg.or crossed up??How do they compare with the walkers?? Do they Chop or bawl or?? on track.Where could I get info on the July..Thanks......Cooter
Missouri Boy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Running hounds in the Ozarks!

Postby Missouri Boy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:03 pm

Up until about six months ago I had about 50 head of Walker and July foxhounds. As child I grew up Daylight Coyote hunting with my Grandpa and deer hunted in the fall with my Dad using mostly July/Beagle or Walker/Beagle crosses. My Dad got killed in a car wreck when I was 12, My Grandpa got me into competion hunting (Field Trialing) the hounds I had at the time and we still Daylight Coyote hunted during the winter. When I got my drivers License I decided deer taste much better and were much easier to hit :lol: ! :evil: Though it is not leagle in Missouri to deer hunt with hounds there is about 20 countys where it is over looked :twisted: . Although I continued to feild trial until a couple of years ago and still Coyote hunt some during Febuary and March. Hog & Bobcat hunting takes up most of my time now. I got rid of all my running dogs but a few I still will use to deer hunt and the ones that are good bobcat dogs. Its hard to break old habits :lol: .

Jason Raulston
Renagade Hog and Bobcat Dogs / :lol: Deer Dogs :lol:
Salem, Missouri
Missouri Boy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Julys' !

Postby Missouri Boy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:31 pm

Cooter I will have a litter of Julys due at the end of the month, There are more Julys within a 30 min. drive of my house than in any other place in the world. Thats no B.S. either! Nitro would be the man to talk to about Goodmans Nitro lives pretty close to Lawrence Colliflower, and sure he would recomend his hounds and give you his phone number. As far as Julys they are grittier than walkers but they don't have the endurence of a Walker and most of them are a little flighty, that I mean bug eyed wild. If you get a good July you reaally have someyhing outstanding though, it just takes longer to get a good one than a Walker, theirs a longer filtering process you might say :lol: ! Goodmans are closer to Walkers but they ain't Walkers, Goodmans have a lot feet trouble. The best thing about a Goodman is their color and they are uaually good natured. Anyway for more info contact me 573-247-3247 or check out Nitro's Web Site(Nitro'scoyotehoundsandhuntingadventure.com) his message board is a endless amout of info, another is Speeddogs.com.

Jason Raulston
Renagade Hog and Bobcat Dogs
Salem, Missouri
Last edited by Missouri Boy on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shooter

Postby shooter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:53 pm

(716) 983-7006
Nitro

Postby Nitro » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:05 pm

I have pure bred July's, Walkers, and a combination of both. Some have goodman in them as well. My July's are chop mouth, but I know several that are bawl mouth. As far as their performance if they are in my kennel they do it right, no matter the breed. All my hounds fight real well at the catches-got lucky this year all my young hounds I raised fought at their very first catch and liked it! As for feet in hounds I think every hound is different, but I feel that hounds that have dark feet seem to hold up better as a rule of thumb. Has anyone else noticed this?
shooter

Postby shooter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:27 pm

I have also noticed some difference in the darker feet Nitro. Have ya had any corn races yet down there or is it to hot.
(716) 983-7006
COOTER
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby COOTER » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:07 am

I talked about a yr or so ago with a guy that had July hounds North of Springfield ,MO by the name of Steven King said his family had Julys for lots and lots of years.Do any of you guys from that area know of him and whats the story on his Julys??Sometime you hear things and they prove out wrong so not to have any bad remarks made on the forum feel free to PM me if you got the behind scene story.I would like to bring another running breed in to run with my Triggs on cat and Greyfox but want as pure as blood of the breed as I can get I want some bottom in them but Drive with bottom.....thanks cooter
cafoxhunter

Postby cafoxhunter » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:49 pm

I run my dogs on greyfox and bobcats

Return to “Running Dogs”