wyo mountain curs

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
Ranchhand

wyo mountain curs

Postby Ranchhand » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm

brand new to forum, just watched for a while, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these dogs. Also if anyone knows of any mountain curs in nm, az, or tx that might work as cow/trapline dog. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
bryan
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: wyo mountain curs

Postby bryan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 pm

I have a kemmer in arizona, I have to remind him just about every time we go out that he is not a cow dog!
Ranchhand

Postby Ranchhand » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 am

bryan, where did your dog come from? Trying to find out about who raises and sell pups in the southwest.
bryan
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bryan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 pm

I got mine from cal allen.
Rockcreek
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rockcreek » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Ranchhand- I have a buddy in Wyoming that might be having a litter of Striker bred Kemmer Mt Curs this spring. He is a member of this board so maybe he will see this and give you details. His name is Mel Utter. I don't know if he will have any for sale, but they will be from the real deal Striker blood.

Take care.
Mason Workman
702-686-5035
Got Hounds?
Rockcreek
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rockcreek » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Mason Workman
702-686-5035
Got Hounds?
PElliott
Facebook ID: 0

Postby PElliott » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 am

I have Bobcat and Mountain Lion hunted with dogs for 28 years. I started with Walkers and Plotts. They were good dogs that did the job. After hunting those for 14 years I started to look for another breed that I could do more than have a tool out back. I looked at the Cur breeds and started with a Kemmer from Robert himself she did the job well. I also got an OMCBA dog from Carl Smith. The last 12 years OMCBA from Carl is all I have run. The OMCBA Cur tracks silent so treeing happens faster especially on Bobcat. They run a track faster as they run with their head up. Scenting ability is as good as any Walker I used. They are more versatile because the care about what their owner wants, so trash breaking is easy. Treeing ability like a hound can be crazy as some climb, others put their paws on the tree, and others leap trying to get the cat out. They have a bark , not a howl. I also camp, trap, fish, hike and any other outdoor activity with them. Others I have taken hunting have said to me these dogs give 100% from the time the tailgate drops till you call em back and put em up. I have learned this breed is more than a tool he is a dog you end up getting so attached you will look at him and not know what to do when his time is up. If there are any other questions please ask.

Return to “Cur Dogs”